+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extension visitor's visa

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
Hi guys,
I'm gonna send my application for PR and for extension of my visa soon.
I got a question...
they ask you how long u wanna extend your visa for... is there a maximum?? can I ask for 12 months? Because I know this is gonna take soooooo long so they should understand that since i'm applying for PR inside canada I need to keep legal status for a long time, right?
Thanks for the answers in advance.

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Lauryn,
All I can tell you is that when my husband applied for his extension of the visitor's visa (since he was applying for PR) he asked for 6 months because technically that is what they are "allowed" to give you. They ended up giving it to him for 12 months (since he included the details about when he applied for PR.

Hope that helps

Ladysmile

May 14, 2013
Lauryn said:
Hello. Just wanna ask if its fine for me to travel to travel the US 3rd week of June? The validity of my stay here in Canada (as per result of my request for visa extension) will expire on July 5, 2013 and I was advised to leave the country on that date. I plan to visit the US for only a week so will I be allowed to enter Canada again after a week? By the way, I have a multiple visa which will expire on February 2014. Thank you..

Ladysmile

May 14, 2013
Another question is, can I still apply for another extension? I heard that one can apply for extension as many times as he wants to. Is there a truth to this information? Thank you