+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension travel record refused while waiting for work permit inside Canada

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020
Hi there,
My extension travel record refused today while I have been waiting for the results from my work permit ( in home caregiver in QC) which I applied 2 months ago.
They said I have to leave the country immediately ( I understand that in 30 days)
What should I do in my case? My work permit inside Canada is on process.

Ps. I extended my travel visa 2 times.
The first one on January 2020 and I just got refused today and the second one on July still nothing responded.

Thank You in advance for your kindness

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,
My extension travel record refused today while I have been waiting for the results from my work permit ( in home caregiver in QC) which I applied 2 months ago.
They said I have to leave the country immediately ( I understand that in 30 days)

The first one on January 2020 and I just got refused today and the second one on July still nothing responded.

Right now you are in Canada without status. So the second extension is not going to be approved and the work permit will be refused as well. You would need to apply for restoration. What exactly does the letter say?

Reactions: TiwaP

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020
They said
In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:
1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including:
- employment and study commitments;
- family ties and responsibilities;
- status (citizenship or immigration status);
3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
4. Travel and identity documents;
5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.
You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken against you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They said
In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:
1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including:
- employment and study commitments;
- family ties and responsibilities;
- status (citizenship or immigration status);
3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
4. Travel and identity documents;
5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.
You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken against you.
That does seem like the full letter. Are there any specific dates mentioned in the refusal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got the letter Today November 17 2020
Ok - in that case you need to apply to restore your status if you want to remain in Canada. Otherwise you need to make plans to leave within 30 days.

Reactions: TiwaP

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020
Ok - in that case you need to apply to restore your status if you want to remain in Canada. Otherwise you need to make plans to leave within 30 days.
I understand that I have to leave it is the only way I can do because the decision had been made by IRCC. Can I restore my status? How long I can stay? And my work permit will be refused?

ont123

Oct 29, 2020
Hi there,

Hi TiwaP sorry for negative results for your application
July 19 and January 20 u applied for extnation just wondering why did u apply again in July 20 when your January application was pending ??
Hi there,

TiwaP sorry for negative results for your application
You came to Canada as a visitor in July 19 and January 20 u applied for extension . why did u apply again in July 20 when your January application was pending ??
Are you from visa exempt country of citizenship ??

ont123

Oct 29, 2020
Question from other seniors members pls share if know about this

At the time filing of extension application some one ask for 6 months more extension let’s say some one applied in June 01, 2020 and ask for extension Dec 01,2020
Still pending
Does by law applicant have to reapply again before Dec 01,2020 one more application to extend stay as visitor even last Jane 2020 application still pending ...
plz answer this if any one knows about this law or rule of ircc for extend stay application

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020
July 19 and January 20 u applied for extnation just wondering why did u apply again in July 20 when your January application was pending ??

You came to Canada as a visitor in July 19 and January 20 u applied for extension . why did u apply again in July 20 when your January application was pending ??
because I didn’t get any response from them and in that time I just thought it more than 6 months that I have been in waiting for extension results I should do something . I’m from visa exempt.

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020
Question from other seniors members pls share if know about this

At the time filing of extension application some one ask for 6 months more extension let’s say some one applied in June 01, 2020 and ask for extension Dec 01,2020
Still pending
Does by law applicant have to reapply again before Dec 01,2020 one more application to extend stay as visitor even last Jane 2020 application still pending ...
plz answer this if any one knows about this law or rule of ircc for extend stay application
I really not sure about it. In my case I just extend my status 2 times without seeing rules that say right or wrong to do that.

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020

And because I have different reasons to stay ,the first one I didn’t tell them I was working on work permit process but the second one I showed them that I was working on LMIA and apply to work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And because I have different reasons to stay ,the first one I didn’t tell them I was working on work permit process but the second one I showed them that I was working on LMIA and apply to work permit
Has the employer received an approved LMIA? Do you meet the requirements to be a caregiver? How did you find this caregiving job? Is it with a family member? You can try to restore or go home those are the 2 options. How are you supporting yourself?

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020
Has the employer received an approved LMIA? Do you meet the requirements to be a caregiver? How did you find this caregiving job? Is it with a family member? You can try to restore or go home those are the 2 options. How are you supporting yourself?
My employer received an approved LMIA and I have got CAQ .That is not with a family member. I have an attorney helping me about my work permit. ( But she doesn’t know what should I do after my extension visa got refused)I have done my extension travel visa by myself before starting applying for work permit.
Do you know how long could take for the restoration status results?
Thank you very much