+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension to submit document for PR final request

mrfahrenheit

May 6, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my Permanent Residency application. On Thursday the 4th I received an email from CPCO asking me to submit final documents for my PR application. It has a deadline of 30 days. Hence I have until June 3rd 2017. Now the problem is I am traveling outside Canada on the 23rd and returning after the deadline (3rd of June). So, I have emailed them asking for an extension of the deadline so that I can submit the documents after my return. I wrote that I have bought the ticket and included the itinerary in the email.

Does anyone here know approximately how long does it take to get back the Passport once you submit it for final PR processing?
Also, when you email them how long do they take to reply to your email? Has anyone been through similar situation? Did anyone get their extension approved?

I am a temporary worker in Canada, if anyone is wondering.

Any responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Tnes

Apr 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2018
File Transfer...
June 22, 2018
I did call CIC to verify a similar concern and was it was recommended by the call centre agent that i submit a request for extension (So at least we know that an extension is possible). Where did you send the email? I'm not sure how long it takes for them to respond as I haven't done it yet, still waiting on my final request.
Friends who have submitted their passports got it back in 1-2 weeks maximum. I hope this helps.

Sep 2, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my Permanent Residency application. On Thursday the 4th I received an email from CPCO asking me to submit final documents for my PR application. It has a deadline of 30 days. Hence I have until June 3rd 2017. Now the problem is I am traveling outside Canada on the 23rd and returning after the deadline (3rd of June). So, I have emailed them asking for an extension of the deadline so that I can submit the documents after my return. I wrote that I have bought the ticket and included the itinerary in the email.

Does anyone here know approximately how long does it take to get back the Passport once you submit it for final PR processing?
Also, when you email them how long do they take to reply to your email? Has anyone been through similar situation? Did anyone get their extension approved?

Thanks
Hi mrfahrenhiet,

I have a similar situation. I am applying from India and got the PPR on Jun 5th. Me and my husband are travelling for work on June 25th - our passports are at the Danish embassy where we sent them to process Schengen Visas as of now. Even if we get our passports with us today June 13 we wont have the stipulated 10 working days to send the passports.

Did you receive an extension? I have sent emails and tried to call the New Delhi processing center but to no avail. It would help to know of your experience.

Thanks.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Hi mrfahrenheit,
I am in similar situation as like you, I got passport request on 24th, unfortunately, my kids passports have less than 6 months of time and I applied for renewal of passports in Toronto which will take additional 15 days on top of 30 days. I have informed by email and raised a case specific enquiry to extend the time. What did you do in your case and please explain me what response did you receive after informing to CIC. Thank you.