Extension post graduation work permit

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends

I need your advice . I want to extend my post graduation work permit . I was eligible for 3 year work permit . But because my last passport expire on May 2011 , the expiry of my work permit is on May 2011 too. I graduated December 2009 . So I think I can extend my post graduation work permit . I renew my passport .

my question is :

which application kit should I fill out ? and where should I send my application ?

please let me know if you have any idea .

Thanks
Mary

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
I had the same situation in Sep 2009. Pretty much fill up extension of work permit application and send it to Vegreville.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

I got mine in two months if I am right since its extension and not a new one. Also call CIC and make sure about the application and the mailing address. I did it a year and a half ago. So please double check it. Best luck.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Raman_Ram

Thanks for your reply.

Did you send any job offer with confirmation of HRSDC ? OR only did send graduation letter and transcript?

mkot

Dec 5, 2010
Hey pmary, Ram

I have the same problem. My passport and permit expires in may. Just wanted to know if your work permit has a note saying - 'permit given till passport expires' or something like that. I read in a forum that the extension is given only when the permit has the note.
I do not have any note in my work-permit and so am really scared.
Also, do you need to send an offer letter for the extension?

Thanks..

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
"""Doc issued to validity date of passport"" is what that shuld be mentioned.
and no u dont need any offer letter or hrdsc confirm or anything fancy like that. just a filled application along with ur new passprt, DD and photocopy of ALL the permits that u ever had. its plain simple. all u have to do after that is WAIT. dont sweat abt ur chances even for a second. the visa officers follow set rules when it comes to these stuff unlike immigration where they assess ur app based on several factors.

but make sure that even after u get ur work permit and u dont have a job yet, that u have atleast 10 k in ur bank if u plan to go home and come back. if u dont have a job and u want to leave and reenter based on ur post grad work permit its quite tough to convince the immig officer at the airport abt the source of ur support funds.