+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Visiting visa

anishpelias

Nov 27, 2022
Hi, I'm issued with a visiting visa which having validity till the expiry of my passport. If I need to stay over 6 months, what do i need to do? Can I exit canada after six months and re-enter? or do I need to apply for extension ? ( But visa is having validity, not sure about the 6 month clause...)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'm issued with a visiting visa which having validity till the expiry of my passport. If I need to stay over 6 months, what do i need to do? Can I exit canada after six months and re-enter? or do I need to apply for extension ? ( But visa is having validity, not sure about the 6 month clause...)
Apply for an extension from within Canada before you hit 6 months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Einna1127

Oct 16, 2018
Hi want to ask I'm in the process of applying for my visa extension I have some queries hope anyone can help me.
1. If I choose to stay more than 6 months do I required to have medical exams?
2. How much estimate available funds to extend for 6months?
3. Is it OK if I Will be the one to make a letter of intent to stay or my brother who is a Canadian resident already.
4. Can I put my expenses will be shoulder by myself and my brother? With our bank certificate to attach as supporting docs.

Appreciate all your answers.

anishpelias

Nov 27, 2022

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fine. thnx for the info. I just wanna confirm, if i apply well in time ie. within 6 months and m' not getting reply from ircc within the time limit ie. initial 6 month period, can i stay back till i get response from IRCC or do i need to exit by completion of 6 months??
You can remain in Canada on implied status until IRCC makes a decision in your application.

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
You can remain in Canada on implied status until IRCC makes a decision in your application.
Would this implied/maintained status also apply for my situation?

My spouse and her son arrived in Canada on a multilple 6 month visa (no stamp in passport). While in Canada, we have applied for inland spousal visa, PR card and a work permit and are still waiting for a decision. Does this also equate to implied/maintained status and thus I do not have to go through the process of extending their stay via a "visitor record" application before their initial visa expires?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would this implied/maintained status also apply for my situation?

My spouse and her son arrived in Canada on a multilple 6 month visa (no stamp in passport). While in Canada, we have applied for inland spousal visa, PR card and a work permit and are still waiting for a decision. Does this also equate to implied/maintained status and thus I do not have to go through the process of extending their stay via a "visitor record" application before their initial visa expires?
You have implied status provided the inland spousal sponsorship application + open work permit application was received by IRCC before the end of your six months. However one caveate is that if your application is returned for any reason as being incomplete, you will fall out of status in Canada. Depending on when the six months is ending, how early you submitted the application and whether you've heard anything back yet - it may make sense to apply to extend your status all the same as a form of insurance.

Reactions: UDON55fai

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
You have implied status provided the inland spousal sponsorship application + open work permit application was received by IRCC before the end of your six months. However one caveate is that if your application is returned for any reason as being incomplete, you will fall out of status in Canada. Depending on when the six months is ending, how early you submitted the application and whether you've heard anything back yet - it may make sense to apply to extend your status all the same as a form of insurance.
Thank you for the prompt reply and advice.

Family arrived in Canada on July 12th, I submitted a paper application early August 2022, which subsequently is linked online (Oct. 2022) now. Have received some dialogue, as we completed the proof of medical exam and submitted fees, and also owed $5 for Dependent Child Fee (new fee schedule) which has been covered. Reasonably optimistic, as online they said no need for an interview or anything else at this time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the prompt reply and advice.

Family arrived in Canada on July 12th, I submitted a paper application early August 2022, which subsequently is linked online (Oct. 2022) now. Have received some dialogue, as we completed the proof of medical exam and submitted fees, and also owed $5 for Dependent Child Fee (new fee schedule) which has been covered. Reasonably optimistic, as online they said no need for an interview or anything else at this time.
No need to file an extension in that case.

Reactions: UDON55fai

Skapure

Dec 13, 2022
Hi All, me & my 1 year kid are in Canada on visitor visa(spouse is on closed wp), I have applied for my SOWP & have below points to clarify regards to it :
1. Do we need to apply for visitor visa extension till we await SOWP result ?
2. I missed to add my 1 year kid details in SOWP application & as visitor visa is nearing to expiry what are my options ?
Please assit.
3. How can I add my child or do I need to apply for an extension
4.Visitor visa expiring in next 22 days; will the 30 days before rule will impact ?