+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Super visa

Leona142

Apr 22, 2017
Re entre & extension of Super visa

Hello everyone.. I need to know somthing very important. My mom got super visa which was issued on 31/01/2013 and expires 13/07/2017. She came to canada in 2013 & left after 4 months. Now she wants to come to visit us again in May 2017. So now my question is will it be a problem to enter Canada if she wants to visit us from Bangladesh in May 2017 and return in September 2017 though her visa will be expire by then. Aftet she enter to canada is it possible to apply for visa extensions? What other papers she needs to bring with her during travel? Does she need any insurance ? Please let me know the details..thanks in advance.

shifat

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
OPNP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2013
Doc's Request.
Nothing yet
Nomination.....
PNP June 12, 2013
AOR Received.
Sep 13, 2013
IELTS Request
Already got 7
File Transfer...
In process since Dec 23, 2013
Med's Request
Sep 18, 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 25, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Since Sep 03, 2010
Hello All,

I need some advise from you as my issue is related to my mum's supervisa.
She got supervisa on June 2015 till March 2018 as her passport expires on March 2018. She got in Canada on June 2015 and got 2 years stamp. She moved out of Canada to origin country for 3 weeks and when she entered back, she only got stamp upto Mrach 2018 as her passport is expiring.

I am going to renew her passport soon. What I am looking to know as if there is any way, I can request for extension to stay in Canada or renewal of supervisa with her new passport while she stays in Canada? Please advise me. My mum is getting old and she does not have anyone back home except me. Please please kindly advise.

Reactions: Yayanbuboy

Miss ghauri

Oct 14, 2017
Hello All,

I need some advise from you as my issue is related to my mum's supervisa.
She got supervisa on June 2015 till March 2018 as her passport expires on March 2018. She got in Canada on June 2015 and got 2 years stamp. She moved out of Canada to origin country for 3 weeks and when she entered back, she only got stamp upto Mrach 2018 as her passport is expiring.

I am going to renew her passport soon. What I am looking to know as if there is any way, I can request for extension to stay in Canada or renewal of supervisa with her new passport while she stays in Canada? Please advise me. My mum is getting old and she does not have anyone back home except me. Please please kindly advise.

Hi,
Were you able to resolve the issue and what was the outcome? - thanks!

Ayan Mukerji

Jul 25, 2018
Length of admissions
An officer at the POE will determine the length of time that a temporary resident may remain in Canada.

Note: In general, stamps issued by CBSA officers at the POE are valid for a period of six months from the date of entry.

If a handwritten date has been placed under the stamp, the period of authorized stay expires on that date.

For parents and grandparents who possess the super visa temporary resident visa or letter of introduction, a stamp in their passport with no handwritten date means the period of authorized stay is two years.

Learn more about duration of visits.

As per above I would believe if parents have super visa, they should be allowed 2 years stay if no hand written date is mentioned on passport at POE

Ayan