+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of study permit

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

My husband's study permit is expiring in July'15 and so are our visas. He will be left with just 2 courses and as per university course will be completed in Fall'15. I have an open work permit dependent on his visa. What are the chances of extension of study permit & my open work permit. What are the requirements.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

dreamy said:
Hi

My husband's study permit is expiring in July'15 and so are our visas. He will be left with just 2 courses and as per university course will be completed in Fall'15. I have an open work permit dependent on his visa. What are the chances of extension of study permit & my open work permit. What are the requirements.

If its a last semester and there is no other requirement except passing 2 more courses (part time status) in order to graduate, you are still eligible to apply for SP extension.

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Thanks. Will part time cause for any issue with my open work permit renewal or shld he leave 3 courses for fall for full time status.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

dreamy said:
Thanks. Will part time cause for any issue with my open work permit renewal or shld he leave 3 courses for fall for full time status.

No issue with your OWP eligibility if spouse application get approved.