+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of status

Anapau123

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

I am an 18 year old trying to apply for Canadian citizenship to be able to compete internationally in the freestyle wrestling.

I am applying for it on my own because neither my parents or myself have enough money for a lawyer to do it.

Anyways, my eligibility period is July 10, 2013 to June 21, 2017

I have a student permit that ends in June of 2014, and my next one isn't until November.

At this point my parents still did everything for me.. so they missed the date when they were supposed to apply for my new student permit but got a restoration of status for it .

(At this point , both their work permits were stilll valid but my student permit was not)- and I was in high school

I then got my new study permit in November - but I cannot find proof of my restoration of status that I can show in my application of my citizenship .

Will this be a problem?

Anapau123

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

I am an 18 year old trying to apply for Canadian citizenship to be able to compete internationally in the freestyle wrestling.

I am applying for it on my own because neither my parents or myself have enough money for a lawyer to do it.

Anyways, my eligibility period is July 10, 2013 to June 21, 2017

I have a student permit that ends in June of 2014, and my next one isn't until November.

At this point my parents still did everything for me.. so they missed the date when they were supposed to apply for my new student permit but got a restoration of status for it .

(At this point , both their work permits were stilll valid but my student permit was not)- and I was in high school

I then got my new study permit in November - but I cannot find proof of my restoration of status that I can show in my application of my citizenship .

Will this be a problem?
Sorry I forgot to mention I do have my PERMINENT RESIDENT CARD and I am eligible

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry I forgot to mention I do have my PERMINENT RESIDENT CARD and I am eligible
Why do you have a study permit if you are a PR? That doesn't make sense. Permanent residents do not qualify for study permits.

Anapau123

Jul 10, 2018
I am a perminent resident applying for my Canadian citizenship. In the application for the Canadian citizenship they ask for your status during your eligibility period . I was an international student then.
Why do you have a study permit if you are a PR? That doesn't make sense. Permanent residents do not qualify for study permits.[/QUOT