+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of PR application if all docs are not available

dprakash

Jun 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hello,
I came for vacation to india and because of COVID-19 outbreak i am not able to return back to canada. I got my ITA on 1st May and is about to expire in 7 days. I had applied for PCC from india and haven't received it. Also since all Canada visa medical are closed in india due to pandemic so if i submit my application without these 2 docs will IRCC consider this and provide extension to submit this documents or will reject my application.
Goverment of canada says that 90 days extension will be provided for lack of documents due to COvid-19(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html).
Since i am in india i am not able to call to IRCC agent, do any one know how can i connect them from india. I had submitted a webformto IRCC almost 5 days back and haven't receive any thing from their side.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
My suggestion is raise web form and get response in 5 days or else you can include letter of explanation for medicals with appointment receipt if you have or else letter will work. I did and submitted later on.

For PCC also put Letter of explanation and add payment receipt and application copy as evidence u have applied. I am sure officials are sensible and will understand your situation.

Good luck

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You really haven't read IRCC's updates.

They've clearly states that besides giving an additional 30 days to submit the application (90 days instead of 60), they will NOT be refusing any applications because of missing documentation (such as PCC, medicals, biometrics, etc).

They will accept the application and basically put it no hold until you can obtain these documents and submit them at a later date through the WebForm. You will have to provide evidence that you have done your due diligence trying to obtain it.

This means, of course, that your application will take longer than usual to be processed.

"If you already applied for a document but it’s delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can send proof that you’re trying to get it (like a receipt). Include a letter to tell us why you don’t have the document and when you’ll get it. Send us the document as soon as you have it to avoid more delays."

from: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#not_applied

dprakash

Jun 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
You really haven't read IRCC's updates.

They've clearly states that besides giving an additional 30 days to submit the application (90 days instead of 60), they will NOT be refusing any applications because of missing documentation (such as PCC, medicals, biometrics, etc).

They will accept the application and basically put it no hold until you can obtain these documents and submit them at a later date through the WebForm. You will have to provide evidence that you have done your due diligence trying to obtain it.

This means, of course, that your application will take longer than usual to be processed.

"If you already applied for a document but it’s delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can send proof that you’re trying to get it (like a receipt). Include a letter to tell us why you don’t have the document and when you’ll get it. Send us the document as soon as you have it to avoid more delays."

from: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#not_applied
Since, none of the medical centre in india is providing the appointment for medical what evidence would i provide for this

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Since, none of the medical centre in india is providing the appointment for medical what evidence would i provide for this
No evidence just letter of explanation. I did it and it worked . I later on submitted my medicals and they acknowledged receipt of those. I got biometrics letter even before I submitted medicals. No need to worry

dprakash

Jun 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
Did anyone submitted his /her PCC after submitting the PR application. At the time of filling the application i don't have one ready so wanted to know how can i submit it now?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Did anyone submitted his /her PCC after submitting the PR application. At the time of filling the application i don't have one ready so wanted to know how can i submit it now?
Submit LOE with proof that you have applied for PCC and will upload on receipt via webform, not done it for myself and but seen people doing it. Proof can be fee receipt, copy of application and acknowledgement to support that you did it.

dprakash

Jun 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
Submit LOE with proof that you have applied for PCC and will upload on receipt via webform, not done it for myself and but seen people doing it. Proof can be fee receipt, copy of application and acknowledgement to support that you did it.
I had already submitted my application with LOE with proof of receipt and current status of PCC on 30th July. Now i have received the PCC so wanted to know how can i submit it now?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I had already submitted my application with LOE with proof of receipt and current status of PCC on 30th July. Now i have received the PCC so wanted to know how can i submit it now?
Oh sorry, i realised i answered wrongly, You can submit via webform and you will get an update within 4-5 days of submission