File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
I graduate with a four years degree and was supposed to get a three year post graduate work permit. However, I got the permit for 2 years as my passport was expiring. Now, I got my passport renewed and wanted to know if any issues might arise in the process. I am currently unemployed so would there be any probability that I might need some employer letter? What I see it is like, I should have gotten the three years one but due to passport expiration I got the two years one. I did not need any employment letter when I initially applied, so I shouldnt need one now.. I applied the forms to Vegriville..

But, my friend went to detroit to get the extension and he was asked for an employer's letter and if necessary a personal interview as well. So, is it safe to say if we mail to Vegreville then its not reQuired but in detroit it might be?

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
sharuu said:
I graduate with a four years degree and was supposed to get a three year post graduate work permit. However, I got the permit for 2 years as my passport was expiring. Now, I got my passport renewed and wanted to know if any issues might arise in the process. I am currently unemployed so would there be any probability that I might need some employer letter? What I see it is like, I should have gotten the three years one but due to passport expiration I got the two years one. I did not need any employment letter when I initially applied, so I shouldnt need one now.. I applied the forms to Vegriville..

But, my friend went to detroit to get the extension and he was asked for an employer's letter and if necessary a personal interview as well. So, is it safe to say if we mail to Vegreville then its not reQuired but in detroit it might be?

You do not need to go outside to extend your post graduate work permit. All you have to do is mail your forms to Vegreville room 103(please check the room # first, I am not sure if it is 102 or 103). In the space for the reason of your request, explain that you were entitled to a 3year permit but you were issued for 2 years b'cos of the expiry of your passport. The same thing happen to me. I got my visa extended. For your Temporary Resident Visa, then your will need to apply to a Visa office outside Canada. I guess that's what your friend might have applied for. To get the TRV extended (It is usually extended to the expiry of your work permit), you will have to submit last three pay stubs or bank statement to prove that you are working or have enough funds to maintain yourself. I will suggest you only apply for the extension through Vegreville and when you start working then you can apply for your TRV because they will ask to see your pay stubs of Bank statement. Good Luck!!!

Tarry

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Thanks a lot for the reply.. I was worried that I might not get the work permit for some reason. I just need to send the same forms and just tick extend to stay right to vegreville?

Thanks a lot

gunneet

Jun 25, 2010
Dear both

I am also facing a similar kind of a problem but I am on a student visa. My passport expires in august 2010 and I have applied for fall-2010 for a post secondary program. My course validity is till 2014 but they have given me study permit till july 2012 because of my inappropriate passport validity.

What I have to do in this case. I think I can apply for passport renewal next year in october not before that. So will they automatically extend my student VISA in that case or how shall I proceed for this? Will it be required to apply for passport & Visa extension outside canada?

I really need your help!!

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
gunneet said:
Dear both

My passport expires in august 2010 and I have applied for fall-2010 for a post secondary program. My course validity is till 2014 but they have given me study permit till july 2012 because of my inappropriate passport validity.
not sure i got this straight. your passport expires in Aug 2010 and they granted you a study permit till 2012 ?

HuiWang

Mar 16, 2011
I am in same situation.
Did you get the extension for your PGWP right now?

sharuu said: