+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Passport Request Letter

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Yeah I am a few days past the 30 days and vfs requested that I get an updated passport request letter, so I submitted a webform requesting for an extension
Hi did you submit your passport ?
i have an update for you.

if The passport request letter expires not more than 15days, you can still submit it..
i did that yesterday.

My Passport Request Letter expired on 14/06/23, i draft a Cover Letter stating the reason for the delay and submitted it VFS/IRCC, and it was accepted and stamped.

kiyone

May 7, 2023
Hi did you submit your passport ?
i have an update for you.

if The passport request letter expires not more than 15days, you can still submit it..
i did that yesterday.

My Passport Request Letter expired on 14/06/23, i draft a Cover Letter stating the reason for the delay and submitted it VFS/IRCC, and it was accepted and stamped.
hey I submitted my passport in May including a letter explaining why it was late. VFS confirmed that they received it but they needed a new passport request letter, so I raised a webform to IRCC asking for an updated letter and also emailed the migration office. After a few days, they sent an email saying I was granted 30 days and got the new letter in my account. Emailed the new updated letter to VFS and then after a week or so my passport was sent back with the visa stamped. All is good now

Reactions: kenny9212001

Justmoney

Sep 11, 2023
What happens when I submit my passport after 6 months of receiving the passport request letter pls ?
My tracker still says: application status "closed ", eligibility "completed " , biometric "completed ", background verification "in progress ". Any hope of being granted the visa ?

khan27

Dec 21, 2023
Hello guys, I got the approval letter on 16th of November, my country VFS asked everybody to make an appointment for the passport submission. Then I got the VFS appointment on 21st of December. In the mean time I made few webforms for an extension but today is 21st December I have not got any update and I emailed to VFS they also did not respond my email. then, I cancelled the appointment today morning. Now I am upset and frustrated , I do not know what to do? Can anybody suggest me please?

Charles Jacob

Apr 24, 2024
Category........
VISIT
Passport Req..
Passport request letter
Hi guys
My name Jacob Charles, from Saint-Marc , Haiti
I've been approved by a request for a visitor's visa of Canada since March 15th. The immigration of Cadana has sent me a letter asking me to deposit my passport at the Canadian embassy in Port au Prince Haiti, unfortunately I can't find the chance to go because it's obvious that the way I come from ISaint-Marc , Haiti all the road is still blocked specially Canaan due to insecurity, and I heard that the embassy in Port-au-prince is temporarily closed, now the letter has expired, what should I do please ...

Thank you

Kiru_sh

May 1, 2024
How did you do that through webform? I still have 2 weeks time to submit the passport but unfortunately my passport still with another embassy.

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
How did you do that through webform? I still have 2 weeks time to submit the passport but unfortunately my passport still with another embassy.
Don,t worry, submit a webform to request for another letter and attached a proof to show that your passport is with another embassy.
They will send you a new letter once the current letter 30days expired...Otherwise, you can still submit your passport if you receive your passport back atleast 10days after the current letter expires..they will accept it

kenny9212001

May 7, 2022
Hi guys
My name Jacob Charles, from Saint-Marc , Haiti
I've been approved by a request for a visitor's visa of Canada since March 15th. The immigration of Cadana has sent me a letter asking me to deposit my passport at the Canadian embassy in Port au Prince Haiti, unfortunately I can't find the chance to go because it's obvious that the way I come from ISaint-Marc , Haiti all the road is still blocked specially Canaan due to insecurity, and I heard that the embassy in Port-au-prince is temporarily closed, now the letter has expired, what should I do please ...

Thank you
Send your passport and the letter to VFS or Canada embassy through courier.. You dont need to go there physically by yourself.
You can also submit a webform to request for another letter if this current letter expired.. You must state your reason and attached some proof to the webform...they will definitely send you another letter once the current letter 30days elapsed.