+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of graduate work permit to visitor visa

prashanthaku

Mar 22, 2012
Hi everyone. I am not sure if I am spamming but I searched a bit but didn't find much help.

I studied 1 year and graduated in dec 2010 and have 1 year post graduate work permit which is expiring next month on 30th april 2012. I couldn't get a job for past 1 year.

I am thinking of staying for a little longer in Canada by getting a visitor visa. (also hoping to get a job in meanwhile if I get lucky a job which can sponsor me in the IT field)

Can anyone please tell me the exact procedure of applying for visitor visa and what all documents are needed. CIC.gc is little confusing to me at the moment.

If you have any other advise instead of a visitor visa, any reply is most welcome.

Thank you very much.

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
IF u can afford than hire any immigration lawyer , he will surely help u to stay in canada,,or atleast visit any immigration lawyer and discuss ur options

D

deep22

Hi prashanthaku,
please share you study program, college and city where you lived during work permit?
You can visit consultants in Toronto area or in Saskatoon for options to stay there.
What you did during your work permit?
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

prashanthaku said:
Hi everyone. I am not sure if I am spamming but I searched a bit but didn't find much help.

I studied 1 year and graduated in dec 2010 and have 1 year post graduate work permit which is expiring next month on 30th april 2012. I couldn't get a job for past 1 year.

I am thinking of staying for a little longer in Canada by getting a visitor visa. (also hoping to get a job in meanwhile if I get lucky a job which can sponsor me in the IT field)

Can anyone please tell me the exact procedure of applying for visitor visa and what all documents are needed. CIC.gc is little confusing to me at the moment.

If you have any other advise instead of a visitor visa, any reply is most welcome.

Thank you very much.

Pretty simple. You apply on line using the following application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp