+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension help!!!!!

Lysferg

Jul 19, 2020
Hello, so I am from the United States and I have been in Canada since Feb 20,2020, I applied for an extension in July to stay longer and it got approved and i have to leave by august 17th, but me and my husband finally got our shi* together for sponsorship paperwork, but it won't be done before my extension expires. I'm trying to file for another extension but im not sure how it really works or if i just let it expire and try and renew my status. im confused..... HELP!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, so I am from the United States and I have been in Canada since Feb 20,2020, I applied for an extension in July to stay longer and it got approved and i have to leave by august 17th, but me and my husband finally got our shi* together for sponsorship paperwork, but it won't be done before my extension expires. I'm trying to file for another extension but im not sure how it really works or if i just let it expire and try and renew my status. im confused..... HELP!
Definitely apply for another extension before it expires.

If you wait for it to expire and then apply to restore your status, this is more expensive, messier and will delay things like your open work permit (I'm assuming you're submitting one with your inland spousal sponsorship application).

Keep yourself in status through another extension. Do not let yourself fall out of status in Canada.

Lysferg

Jul 19, 2020
Definitely apply for another extension before it expires.

If you wait for it to expire and then apply to restore your status, this is more expensive, messier and will delay things like your open work permit (I'm assuming you're submitting one with your inland spousal sponsorship application).

Keep yourself in status through another extension. Do not let yourself fall out of status in Canada.

Thank you for responding to this. would you also happen to know how to apply for another extension as i have been trying to do it all day and have not been able to figure it out. I have the application filled out and ready to go but i cant seem to figure out where to go on the website to pay for it and submit it. Again thank you. I appreciate the immediate response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for responding to this. would you also happen to know how to apply for another extension as i have been trying to do it all day and have not been able to figure it out. I have the application filled out and ready to go but i cant seem to figure out where to go on the website to pay for it and submit it. Again thank you. I appreciate the immediate response.
I don't.

If you have questions about this I would recommend you post in the Visitors section.