+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension application was canceled, other questions too.

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
My husband is American, and we applied for an extended visit at the end of february. Today, it was cancelled, but no explanation yet though...

However, My husband returned to the states in February for about a week and was allowed back Canada. We're currently waiting on OWP and PR (applied after he came back) My question is, since he left Canada for a week and came back, was he allowed to stay for an additional 6 months? Border officer didn't give us a date for him to return and his passport wasn't stamped. We applied for extension so he could stay longer (got cancelled today though) but after reading some similar forums, is it possible hes allowed to stay to the end of August?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband is American, and we applied for an extended visit at the end of february. Today, it was cancelled, but no explanation yet though...

However, My husband returned to the states in February for about a week and was allowed back Canada. We're currently waiting on OWP and PR (applied after he came back) My question is, since he left Canada for a week and came back, was he allowed to stay for an additional 6 months? Border officer didn't give us a date for him to return and his passport wasn't stamped. We applied for extension so he could stay longer (got cancelled today though) but after reading some similar forums, is it possible hes allowed to stay to the end of August?
Extensions are no longer valid once you leave the country. That's why it was canceled.

If he was allowed in without any passport stamp, then he was allowed into Canada for a further six months from the date of his last entry into Canada.

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
Extensions are no longer valid once you leave the country. That's why it was canceled.

If he was allowed in without any passport stamp, then he was allowed into Canada for a further six months from the date of his last entry into Canada.
Thanks!!