+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending work permit with CSQ and without CAQ/LMIA

sidorovonline

May 10, 2016
Hi there!

My work permit expires in 2 months, and I need to extend it. I have a PEQ CSQ and already sent my application for permanent residence to CIC but have not received the number yet. According to this information on CIC website, I don't need CAQ and LMIA to extend existing work permit (sorry, I can't post links it's here: cic.gc.ca/english/work/quebec.asp ). But when I'm trying to apply online, the system asks if I have LMIA and if I answer No, it says that I cannot apply at this time. Does it mean I can't apply online? CIC says that if I send the paper application, the processing can take three months. I don't have this time. Do you know if it's possible to apply online without CAQ and LMIA? Do I do something wrong?

Another question, how to extend Open Work Permit of my wife? How does it work in general? For example on the paper, should we fill the form (IMM 5710) and send it in the same envelope? Or we should send them in separate envelopes? Is it the same file for both of us or there will be the different files?

Thanks

Bazzo

Dec 20, 2018
*if I have LMIA and if I answer No, it says that I cannot apply at this time. Does it mean I can't apply online?*

Hello friend! I'm in the same situation right now! Do you have any news about it? How did you do it?
I'd be really glad if you could help me, i'm lost here!

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
*if I have LMIA and if I answer No, it says that I cannot apply at this time. Does it mean I can't apply online?*

Hello friend! I'm in the same situation right now! Do you have any news about it? How did you do it?

Thanks!
Employer must apply for the LMIA.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

Thanks!
You don't need LMIA in such situation in Quebec. Your employer needs to apply on CIC employer portal and submit some fees ... Guess it's cad 230. They get an ID which you use to apply for your closed wp. Google to know more details. Guess you have csq as it applies only in that situation.

All the best

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi there!

My work permit expires in 2 months, and I need to extend it. I have a PEQ CSQ and already sent my application for permanent residence to CIC but have not received the number yet. According to this information on CIC website, I don't need CAQ and LMIA to extend existing work permit (sorry, I can't post links it's here: cic.gc.ca/english/work/quebec.asp ). But when I'm trying to apply online, the system asks if I have LMIA and if I answer No, it says that I cannot apply at this time. Does it mean I can't apply online? CIC says that if I send the paper application, the processing can take three months. I don't have this time. Do you know if it's possible to apply online without CAQ and LMIA? Do I do something wrong?

Another question, how to extend Open Work Permit of my wife? How does it work in general? For example on the paper, should we fill the form (IMM 5710) and send it in the same envelope? Or we should send them in separate envelopes? Is it the same file for both of us or there will be the different files?

Thanks
Found a link ... Might help you
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html

Lashan

Dec 20, 2018
Im srilankan nationaIity. 31 years old. have a work experience of 5 years in Korea. Can I help you get a job in Canada?