+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending visitor visa for parents

hitsbecool

Apr 9, 2014
Toronto
Hi,
My parents are in Canada on visitor visa. I want to extend their stay for another 6 months. I read that I can do it by creating travel record. I have a few questions-
1. We have a 2 year old baby, is taking care of baby is good enough reason to extend the stay ?
2. If we extend the stay, does it impact anything on their next entry in Canada ?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My parents are in Canada on visitor visa. I want to extend their stay for another 6 months. I read that I can do it by creating travel record. I have a few questions-
1. We have a 2 year old baby, is taking care of baby is good enough reason to extend the stay ?
2. If we extend the stay, does it impact anything on their next entry in Canada ?

Thanks
Yes you can apply to try to extend their stay. Just follow the directions online.
1. that would be considered illegal work so no will not help extend their stay as visitors.
2. If they visit Canada for a long period of time they should spend some time in their home country before returning to Canada. Problems may happen if it appears that they are trying to live in Canada and take a short vacation abroad and then keep returning to Canada.

hitsbecool

Apr 9, 2014
Toronto
Hi,

Yesterday we got a message from CIC "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details."

And today we got following response from CIC

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Latest update:
Final decision - January 31, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We also got a PDF stating -

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks,

I am not sure what does it mean ? Is our application is approved ? If yes, should we still go for medical ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Yesterday we got a message from CIC "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details."

And today we got following response from CIC

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Latest update:
Final decision - January 31, 2023:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

We also got a PDF stating -

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks,

I am not sure what does it mean ? Is our application is approved ? If yes, should we still go for medical ?
They have to do another medical. As long as medical gets completed they get the extension.