+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending study permit

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Should I prove my bank account with enough money while extending study permit? If so, this money would be for what, for school or living in Canada per year?

thank you.

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
I have the same question!

feltaye

Dec 28, 2016
kayacetinsu said:
Hi everyone,

Should I prove my bank account with enough money while extending study permit? If so, this money would be for what, for school or living in Canada per year?

thank you.

Sure, you definitely have to. It is for both for school and living expenses.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

kayacetinsu said:
Hi everyone,

thank you.

For study permit extension, your new LOE and around 1500 to 2000 dollar in cash will be more than enough. You will have to mention your original loan amount (India).

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feltaye said:
Sure, you definitely have to. It is for both for school and living expenses.
for example 10000 cad for living and 14000 cad for education per year. totally 24000 cad. Do I have to show this amount before? but this impossible while going to school with part time job. do you know what, this is like ready money before. but i think all we need is a part time job to earn money while studying. in that case, i would pay for my expenses during the year. imagine me changing my plan after coming here.

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J5M said:
Hi,

For study permit extension, your new LOE and around 1500 to 2000 dollar in cash will be more than enough. You will have to mention your original loan amount (India).
what do you mean by that around 1500 to 2000 dollar in cash will be more than enough? 2000 dollar per month or year? please elaborate a little bit more.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

kayacetinsu said:
what do you mean by that around 1500 to 2000 dollar in cash will be more than enough? 2000 dollar per month or year? please elaborate a little bit more.

1. If you have any loan amount initially, mention it again in full. It will cover your expense requirement.
2. Submit a new LOE, and that means you are paying tuition to school.
3. If you don't have 1, running bank account with around 2000 CAD will work. (It's not written as a rule but I might have seen someone case in exact similar situation).

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J5M said:
Hi,

1. If you have any loan amount initially, mention it again in full. It will cover your expense requirement.
2. Submit a new LOE, and that means you are paying tuition to school.
3. If you don't have 1, running bank account with around 2000 CAD will work. (It's not written as a rule but I might have seen someone case in exact similar situation).
As far as I understand, you said, at first if I cant afford to show CIC enough money, minimum 2000 cad in bank would be enough for visa extension, right? in addition to this, 2000 cad in bank to show means for all year or monthly? (this is not a rule, okay)

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kayacetinsu said:
As far as I understand, you said, at first if I cant afford to show CIC enough money, minimum 2000 cad in bank would be enough for visa extension, right? in addition to this, 2000 cad in bank to show means for all year or monthly? (this is not a rule, okay)
Does anybody has experience with this?

gengen

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

thank you.
does anyone have the correct up-to-date answer for this question? thanks in advance!