Extending study permit/visa when parents' are not actively employed

cr11sh

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

My current study permit and visa expire in Dec 2016 and I would require an extension by then. When I applied for a study permit for the first time I was asked to provide documents that proves my parents' employment (e.g. salary statements).

Now my parents are not in an active employment. My question is will extension of study permit (and visa) require a proof of parents' employment?

If so, what are my options at this stage given that my parents' are not employed anymore.

Also, we do have the necessary amount of funds.

Thanks and appreciate any help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since you will be requesting an extension rather than applying from a study permit from scratch - I don't think you should have any issues if you can show you have sufficient funds to complete your studies.

cr11sh

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Since you will be requesting an extension rather than applying from a study permit from scratch - I don't think you should have any issues if you can show you have sufficient funds to complete your studies.
Thank you for the reply. Will it be the same for extension of visa as well? I mean, I do not have to show salary statements for visa extension ?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cr11sh said:
Thank you for the reply. Will it be the same for extension of visa as well? I mean, I do not have to show salary statements for visa extension ?
I am not sure my case will help your answer or not.

My case is that I showed my own tax record and emloyment letter(full time job) + my parents's bank statement(support to my tuition). And then approved within 5 days.

cr11sh

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dental15 said:
I am not sure my case will help your answer or not.

My case is that I showed my own tax record and emloyment letter(full time job) + my parents's bank statement(support to my tuition). And then approved within 5 days.
Thanks for sharing your experience dental15. Appreciate it.
Well, I hope I will have a similar situation. In my case, I am a student and I am not employed.