+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending Stay in Canada

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Hi all,

I got my mom here on approved 5 years TRV but she can only stay 6 months at a time except we extend her stay to more than 6 months and she would be 6 month in Canada by May 26. Now we would like to extend her stay for more than 6 months. Anybody done this before should please advise us on how to go about this. Also we got 2 babies and my wife is studying in a school while mom help to take care of babies at home when she’s away, Can we draft a letter stating mom is helping out with babies while my wife is away to school? If not what else can we say as reason for extending her stay in Canada?

Thanks everyone.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Dave01 said:
Hi all,

I got my mom here on approved 5 years TRV but she can only stay 6 months at a time except we extend her stay to more than 6 months and she would be 6 month in Canada by May 26. Now we would like to extend her stay for more than 6 months. Anybody done this before should please advise us on how to go about this. Also we got 2 babies and my wife is studying in a school while mom help to take care of babies at home when she’s away, Can we draft a letter stating mom is helping out with babies while my wife is away to school? If not what else can we say as reason for extending her stay in Canada?

Thanks everyone.
be careful about saying mom is taking care of babies given strange as might sound CBSA/CIC have in past considered this work. There are other posts here saying TRVs have been refused for this reason where people have said this reason.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Bs65 said:
be careful about saying mom is taking care of babies given strange as might sound CBSA/CIC have in past considered this work. There are other posts here saying TRVs have been refused for this reason where people have said this reason.
Thanks you Bs65 for this insightful information. What do you think we can state for her extension request?

Thanks

tweetbr24

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dave01
You can state that she wants to continue sending time with her family, or that you the famiy and her will be showing her different places in canada (excursion)

Hope this helps

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Hi
Thanks for the amazing guidance
I got a six month multiple entry visa which is valid till only October

Is there a chance that I can apply for extension after reaching Canada ?.. Please do guide

Also can I buy a 5 month return ticket and arrive in Canada ?????

Please do guide
Thank you anyways

jephkendy

Apr 29, 2016
please friends I need help.

I came to canada as a visitor and got married to a student, she's not a citizen nor does she have a permanent resident but she has student permit to school for 2 years. She want me to stay here with her for support, and I need work to support her. Will it be possible for me to get a work permit? Can I also use this period to do my masters here too? Please help me. Thanks.

tweetbr24

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dkr
If im not mistaken you can only request extension when you example.
Have a visa for 12 mths or more. Your visa is only valid for 6mth hense you can reapply in hoping to get a longer time, then you revisit and apply for extension.

Hope this helps

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Extending Stay in Canada

Hi Dave01,

I read your thread, did you get the extension done. Please let me know because i may face the same situation when my mother wishes to extend her stay.

Wait to hear from you.

Thank you
Dominica