+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending Stay as Visitor

dusty090

Nov 1, 2009
Thanks for the insight, really appreciate it.
Thing is, my parents arent here currently, its only me.

Ok, so your saying to just put the name of the family member that im staying with in the financial part section??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dusty090 said:
Thanks for the insight, really appreciate it.
Thing is, my parents arent here currently, its only me.

Ok, so your saying to just put the name of the family member that im staying with in the financial part section??
So you are a grown up dependent:) No, attach a sworn undertaking that he/she will be responsible for your stay here-medical, food, shelter, and even for your fare should your funds be short to cover your air fare back to your country. A notary public will be able to prepare this. If you have an account of your own, would help to attach a certificate to show you're in a position to travel (you are after all a tourist in Canada). This is what you can enter in the space provided for funds available. But there is still no guarantee of getting an extension.

dusty090

Nov 1, 2009
Hmm.. i see. i dont have any account that i could get a certificate from, so thats a "no".
What is a notary public??

dusty090

Nov 1, 2009
sorry.. its clear now.
u can reply to me with details thanks.

i did not send any of those with my application. what am i to do now??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dusty090 said:
sorry.. its clear now.
u can reply to me with details thanks.

i did not send any of those with my application. what am i to do now??
When did you send your application? I hope you're still in status. It is part of the checklist. You can fax them copies of those marked pages.

dusty090

Nov 1, 2009
yea.. whats up with that.
i can only receive 2 PM's?? what is that sum new forum policy or sumthin??!!

cuz its say 1 message and the status bar says 50% full.. lol

that must be a joke..

Anyways thanks for the info man..

i think its better to try the restoration of status. cuz i believe their response will be in the mail sumtime this week.

so how do i go about doing this?theres a new way to apply online for extention of status, do u think i can apply for restoration this way also, since its the same form ??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dusty090 said:
yea.. whats up with that.
i can only receive 2 PM's?? what is that sum new forum policy or sumthin??!!

cuz its say 1 message and the status bar says 50% full.. lol

that must be a joke..

Anyways thanks for the info man..

i think its better to try the restoration of status. cuz i believe their response will be in the mail sumtime this week.

so how do i go about doing this?theres a new way to apply online for extention of status, do u think i can apply for restoration this way also, since its the same form ??
Yeah you can do it online. But remember to send the scanned marked pages of your passport.

dusty090

Nov 1, 2009
Ok
But what about the explanation?? that i didnt know i was to send the photocopies with the previous application ??

dusty090

Nov 1, 2009
No i never meant like that.. i wasnt asking in terms of what to put, but HOW to put it.
Should i write a letter or what ??

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dusty090 said:
No i never meant like that.. i wasnt asking in terms of what to put, but HOW to put it.
Should i write a letter or what ??
Oh sorry, senior moments :). Yes write a cover letter. You also use the form q10/q12. All the best mate.

dusty090

Nov 1, 2009
Ok no problem man.. lol happens to the best of us..
so is there a specific format that i should write this cover letter??

and what is the "q10/q12" form??

reply in PM.. thanks