+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending stay as a visitor

Cerenya

Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I am currently staying with my girlfriend and my visitor status is close to expire at the end of the month, i am in process of applying to extend my visitor status and i just wanted to have some aditional information on how to write a letter to send with my aplication. I am only requesting 6 months so we can apply for the common law sponsorship program in October. We have been dating for a couple years now but i just recently moved in with her in October last year,

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi

I am currently staying with my girlfriend and my visitor status is close to expire at the end of the month, i am in process of applying to extend my visitor status and i just wanted to have some aditional information on how to write a letter to send with my aplication. I am only requesting 6 months so we can apply for the common law sponsorship program in October. We have been dating for a couple years now but i just recently moved in with her in October last year,

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Then that is all that’s required . You’re requesting the extension for common law sponsorship. No need to go into a huge long letter . All the VO needs is the pertinent reason