+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending stay after work permit expiry

jyotdeep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
I wonder, are there any EE applicants on visitor status, waiting for provincial or federal decision for permanent residency???? I am applying for extension to stay in Canada to wait for OINP decision. This would be mine second application to stay as a visitor after expired work permit. I doubt whether i should apply for visitor extension or study permit. Is there anyone who is sailing in the same boat. Please share your views. I was issued a visitor record for 1 year, earlier. And, now it is soon expiring next month.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
I'm on visitor visa as well, second extension. There's no problem as long as you have a legal status.
Feel free to add a letter explaining your actual situation in your visitor extension application. CIC can be very comprehensive.
Study permit... why not ? I think it gives you the right to work 20 hours per week, but do you want to study ?

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
GoHaPPyCaN said:
I'm on visitor visa as well, second extension. There's no problem as long as you have a legal status.
Feel free to add a letter explaining your actual situation in your visitor extension application. CIC can be very comprehensive.
Study permit... why not ? I think it gives you the right to work 20 hours per week, but do you want to study ?
Hi, what's the processing time for restoration . My friend did a paper application on 12th Feb,2016 & applied for study permit after her bridge work permit was refused.

IndoKori

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
Similar situation: owp expiring in early Jan. Have sent my passport along with spouse' (main applicant) for stamping and copr document (as we have received the email request for passports in our PR application).
Now the cic is taking time to send the passports back and christmas holidays approaching.

So I am thinking of applying visitor record so that i have atleast implied status (after the expiry of my owp) to activate my copr. Please advise if this the right path to be followed.

sbbrampton

May 31, 2018
My Closed WP is expiring in early Jan and extension has been filed by my company, which should take Feb to come.
Since I have a EE profile created, is this going to create any problems.
Also if I get an ITA, should I accept it and submit application or not accept the ITA.

Thanks in advance !