Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I need some advice. I want to extend my post graduation work permit. I was eligible for 3 year work permit. But because my last passport expired on April 2012, the expiry of my work permit is on April 2012 too. I graduated in October 2009. So I think I can extend my post graduation work permit until October 2012. I have renewed my passport.

My question is:

Which application kit should I fill out? And, where should I send my application?

Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks
Frontenacs

PS. I have moved back to India in November 2011. I work and live in India now. I will go back to Canada soon. My PR is "in process" (expecting September 2012).

kman14

Jan 18, 2012
frotenacs said:
Dear Friends,

I need some advice. I want to extend my post graduation work permit. I was eligible for 3 year work permit. But because my last passport expired on April 2012, the expiry of my work permit is on April 2012 too. I graduated in October 2009. So I think I can extend my post graduation work permit until October 2012. I have renewed my passport.

My question is:

Which application kit should I fill out? And, where should I send my application?

Thanks
Frontenacs

PS. I have moved back to India in November 2011. I work and live in India now. I will go back to Canada soon. My PR is "in process" (expecting September 2012).
As far as I know, extending a PGWP is not an option.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frotenacs said:
Dear Friends,

My question is:

Thanks
Frontenacs

You are eligible for the OWP for the full 3 years but you likely require a visa as well. So you need to use the work permit application kit on the CHC Dehli site.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kman14 said:
As far as I know, extending a PGWP is not an option.
In the OP's case, he can because they didn't receive the full time allowed on their PGWP due to the expiry date of the passport.