+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending PGWP

William94

Dec 11, 2018
Hello,

I had a quick question and was hoping someone could help. I received my PGWP in May 2019 and valid up until April 2020, due to my passport expiring around the same time.

I now have a new passport and wanted to apply to extend my PGWP, but I'm getting some weird requirements. The online application is requesting LMIA, which was never required initially.

Is the LMIA something I should apply for or did I maybe make a mistake when I was filling out the online questionnaire?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If I recall correctly I think the process to extend a PGWP due to a passport expiry is paper only so the LMIA issue would not occur

Search the forum for others who have extended

William94

Dec 11, 2018
If I recall correctly I think the process to extend a PGWP due to a passport expiry is paper only so the LMIA issue would not occur

Search the forum for others who have extended
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll check here and see.

If anyone has a different answer please reply to thread

Sammysquared

Aug 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

I need your help, please i applied for PGWP last year September 2019, and i got a year PGWP until November 2020 exact the same Expiry date of my passport,i renewed my passport this year and i want to extend that, I need the letter of explanation now.
If anybody has a sample for a letter of explanation to extending PGWP, i really appreciate that to help me with this. Thanks

sammya.safari@gmail.com

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need your help, please i applied for PGWP last year September 2019, and i got a year PGWP until November 2020 exact the same Expiry date of my passport,i renewed my passport this year and i want to extend that, I need the letter of explanation now.
If anybody has a sample for a letter of explanation to extending PGWP, i really appreciate that to help me with this. Thanks

sammya.safari@gmail.com
Doesn’t have to be complicated. Explain why you are applying and include you transcripts and school completion documents.