+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending PGWP

juarezse

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Hi.
So I got my PGWP back in August 2015 but it was only granted until February 2017 (it was supposed to be granted for 3 years) due to my passport expiring.
If I renew my passport, can I apply to CIC for an extension so I get the full 3 years out of the PGWP?
There is a note in the permit that says "Document issued to passport expiry date; must be renewed for further extensions. Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6)."

Thank you

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Yea if it says like that, it can be extended. but your passport must have validity to support the date. i had same problem and few other people on the forum. check the topic: lets share timeline pgwp march applicant
another link on this forum: pgwp extension.

steps:
1- get your passport renewed
2- get your application package ready
3- apply on paper (few people applied online but it seems like they require LMIA or something to apply online. but in your case it will be the extension of PGWP. so you might have to apply on paper only) confirm it with cic agent.
4- wait for processing time to complete. it is taking around 97 days these days for the application to process. so i would suggest you to apply asap.

Cheers !!