+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending my visitor visa to stay longer in Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, I am returning for my health and I pay for my own visits
You could be asked questions at the POE if you appear sick and unwell.

Hope you have purchased insurance to cover any emergency medical expenses + you can bring only 90 days of medicines

JayKay72

Apr 23, 2019
You could be asked questions at the POE if you appear sick and unwell.

Hope you have purchased insurance to cover any emergency medical expenses + you can bring only 90 days of medicines
Mental health as opposed to physical health, but thanks for the advice

JayKay72

Apr 23, 2019
Eventually they will. Some people assume that by holding a visa exempt passport it is their ticket to just start living in a country they do not hold authorization to. You are still a foreign national "visiting" Canada, sooner of the later you will get asked those questions and why you keep "visiting" Canada, and if they suspect you are attempting to live here they will just send you packing. If you abuse the ETA system, immigration can just as easily cancel your ETA, then you would have to go thru the route others have to go thru, apply for a visa
Thanks for this. I am not trying to live in Canada yet, just spending time with my brother as currently not working, and trying to get a feel as to whether Canada is a place that might be good for me to live. If I did decide that, I would of course go through the immigration routes open to me.

amanminhas

Sep 12, 2016
Hi all,

my parents are on super visa. They came to Canada in 2015 and stayed for 2 years and left. They came back again in 2018 and they only got 6 months. I applied for extension at that time and they got another year until Oct 4 this year. They issued a Visitor record. However, they left this year in Jan. My mom came back in July 2019, but my dad is coming in Oct. When my mom came back in July she didn't got any stamp and they didn't ask anything from her. CIC website mentions that they can stay upto 2 years if no stamp on passport. However, the Visitor document we had from last year the expiry is OCT 4, 2019. I am so confused now. Do I need to again apply for extension or she can stay upto 2 years as she left in Jan and came back again? Please help.

Thank you,
Aman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

my parents are on super visa. They came to Canada in 2015 and stayed for 2 years and left. They came back again in 2018 and they only got 6 months. I applied for extension at that time and they got another year until Oct 4 this year. They issued a Visitor record. However, they left this year in Jan. My mom came back in July 2019, but my dad is coming in Oct. When my mom came back in July she didn't got any stamp and they didn't ask anything from her. CIC website mentions that they can stay upto 2 years if no stamp on passport. However, the Visitor document we had from last year the expiry is OCT 4, 2019. I am so confused now. Do I need to again apply for extension or she can stay upto 2 years as she left in Jan and came back again? Please help.

Thank you,
Aman
When you leave (unless a quick trip to the US) the time is reset. Look at her most recent entry.