+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending Canada VISA from Within Canada vs From USA vs from India

akashoye

Jan 24, 2016
Hi Folks,

Last year I applied for a Canadian Super Visa for my parents but due to high Health insurance cost and financial issues, I let it expire. Then I finally applied a Canadian visitor visa under normal category and then CIC issues a 6 months Visa. Now my wife is pregnant and we realized that we need our parents to come on a different time slot as their presence will be highly helpful around delivery time.They actually have to Visit USA as well. I want to know which option is more appropriate and less risky?

1) Use the issued VISA and let them come to Canada under same Visa validity and then apply for an extension from within Canada
2) They visit USA first and then I apply for Canadian VISA while they are there.
3) If I apply a new one requesting for a longer validity for them right now, but I am afraid that they issue them again a 6 month visa which won't fulfill the requirement.

Another question is knowing that my wife is pregnant, is there a chance that mentioning this as the reason makes my application vulnerable to rejection as I heard in USA, they discourage the parents looking after kids because local day care or possible nanny jobs chances have a effect.

Thanks,
Rajesh