+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended visitor stay and medical exam

angelaehis

Jun 14, 2013
Hey everyone,

My mother-in-law has been in Canada for 4 months and I wish to apply for her extension. But the problem is, I don't know how to apply for the extension, when to apply for the extension and also the requirements for the extension. I will appreciate if I could get information to do this.

T

raft7

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-16
Med's Done....
01-05-2016
its all online.... go to cic page... and apply a month before it expires

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Owl29 said:
Hello,

I been in Canada for 6 months and I applied online for visitor's extension for 6 more months. Today I received the letter stating that my visitor visa was granted for the 6 month period, but the thing I find confusing is that I was expecting to do medical exam, as I am from country that requires that, but in my visitor visa letter I didn't see any instructions how to do it. In the remarks section there is no mention about needing to take medical exam. Is it normal practice? I won't get in trouble just because they made a mistake or just decided that I don't need it?
Hello Owl29,

Can you kindly provide the step-by-step procedure on how you applied for online extension of TRV. Also if you can help in letting know what docs were submitted along with this and how.

Thanks & regards !

eruca_clb

May 7, 2017
Hey guys,
I applied 5 months of extension for my mom and got the visitor record back. It doesn't ask for medical exam in the conditions but in the remarks it states: Must report for medical observation and/or treatment within 60 days. Medical forms mailed separately. MEM/OSC. Does it mean she need go through medical exam?

Thanks

shbhavik

Aug 16, 2017
Hi there!
I am studying in Canada and as I changed my college and province and remained free for 4 months. So, I have been told by CIC that I should apply for visitor visa. They are asking for medical exam when I apply for visitor visa. I just had my medical exam few months ago from India. So, Should I go for medical exam again or the old one is good to go?
Thanks!

dimpb11

Jan 4, 2018
Hey guys,
I applied 5 months of extension for my mom and got the visitor record back. It doesn't ask for medical exam in the conditions but in the remarks it states: Must report for medical observation and/or treatment within 60 days. Medical forms mailed separately. MEM/OSC. Does it mean she need go through medical exam?

Thanks
I have the same condition, got the visitor record but it is asking for medical test too. I would go for medical test. Let me know how it went in you case ?
Did you have to upload the medical test ack somewhere ? And did you get any final letter after medical test from CIC ?

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
I have the same condition, got the visitor record but it is asking for medical test too. I would go for medical test. Let me know how it went in you case ?
Did you have to upload the medical test ack somewhere ? And did you get any final letter after medical test from CIC ?
Did you submit a medical exam when you originally applied online for it?

obos

Aug 13, 2013
I have issue with the question on the online application for TRV extension, "if you have lived in a designated country for more than six months in the last year?" my mother in-law from Nigeria whom I am extending her stay has live just 4 months in Canada. should my answer be yes. because Nigeria is part of the designated country.
Thanks for your anticipated reply.

obos

Aug 13, 2013
its all online.... go to cic page... and apply a month before it expires

I have issue with the question on the online application for TRV extension, "if you have lived in a designated country for more than six months in the last year?" my mother in-law from Nigeria whom I am extending her stay has live just 4 months in Canada. should my answer be yes. because Nigeria is part of the designated country.
Thanks for your anticipated reply.

jeenavj01

Oct 31, 2018
Hi,
I want to know that, i got the visitor record and they mentioned date of expiration date. and the condition that
Must leave canada 0000/00/00
and remarks: Must undergo medical examination within 30 days. and i completed my medical. and my account they show i am passed my medical. and final decision approved.

I just want to know, i extend my visiting visa more than 6 months. but the visitor record they mentioned like 30 days. for example june 30 to july 30.
When will i get my extension visa?
i am confused. please help me.

ypd_ken

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hi All, have a query on the Visitor visa extension for my mother. I received update from CIC for completing medical within 30 days and after 5 days have received the approval for extension for 4 months. I realized that I had requested for 4 months thinking if I ask for 6 months they may reject it as I got this feedback from some of friends and usually they approve for 6 months.
So I have below queries if someone can help to address them,
1) Can I extend again for 3 months which will be my second visitor visa extension and what are the chances of it getting approved or if there are any possible rejections.
2) Is the extension not by default 6 months or it depends on the number of months we request which I got in my case. If someone can help to share their experience would be of great help.

Reactions: nyaa02

nyaa02

Feb 13, 2019
HI, I have a same issue , I need to apply for second extension as a visitor for my mother in law , Please share me what we should do !
thank you in advance .

Hi All, have a query on the Visitor visa extension for my mother. I received update from CIC for completing medical within 30 days and after 5 days have received the approval for extension for 4 months. I realized that I had requested for 4 months thinking if I ask for 6 months they may reject it as I got this feedback from some of friends and usually they approve for 6 months.
So I have below queries if someone can help to address them,
1) Can I extend again for 3 months which will be my second visitor visa extension and what are the chances of it getting approved or if there are any possible rejections.
2) Is the extension not by default 6 months or it depends on the number of months we request which I got in my case. If someone can help to share their experience would be of great help.

ypd_ken

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
HI, I have a same issue , I need to apply for second extension as a visitor for my mother in law , Please share me what we should do !
thank you in advance .
I have initiated the application in system and hopefully waiting for approval. Not sure though if its gets approved or if they may reject it. I have followed documentation process as before.

Akki9172

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello

I want to apply for my mother's extension for 1-2 months. While applying for extension online I am confused about a Question: Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?

So for 2018 and 2019 my mother's stay has been following:
Jan 1 2018 - June 3 2018 (India)
June 3 2018 - Nov 2 2018 (Canada)
Nov 2 2018 - Dec 11 2018 (India)
Dec 11 2018 - April 7 2019 (USA)
April 7 2019 - Present (Canada)

My guess is this question is asked most probably for Medical Exam but I am not sure if I need to answer Yes or No in this one for extension. Also If I have to answer YES then can the Medical Exam be done at the same place where she is staying in Canada?

Thank you in advance for the help.