+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extended stay

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
hi can anyone on this forum offer any advice i am from the uk im in the prosess of applying for my second extention as i am now engaged to my canadian partner we are currently getting my pr application prepared as i have been here a year come october will reason for extention applying for pr and arranging our wedding be enough to satisfy the immigration department for my extention i am also going to put a copy of my fees for my pr in with my application as proof any help would be very gratefull thanks for taking the time to read this

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey, this is exactly what i did to extend my stay (for the first time) i applied on paper its been 43days and i havent heard from them yet...just say that you're applying for PR, and that your sponsor is supporting you..if you have joint account would be cool though...

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
hi i am applying very soon i put in my application copys of my extended stay and a copy of pr fees plus a letter of support from my fiance i hope all goes well for you please keep me informed it would be nice to see if other ppl got there extentions :)

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
hi plus if you havent heard anything for 43 days i think its looking good for your application i hope all goes well for you

Safou

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
hey, good i will keep you updated..just say that you want to spend more time with your fiancé ...i kinda regret applying for the extension i miss my family sooo bad

larryUK

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Safou said:
hey, good i will keep you updated..just say that you want to spend more time with your fiancé ...i kinda regret applying for the extension i miss my family sooo bad
Well you know you can leave when ever you want, you don't have to stay to the end of your extension.

This is the downside about long distance relationships, someone is going to be away from their family. At least these days it's cheap/free and easy to keep in touch via the internet with things like skype.

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
hi yeh i keep intouch with my family in the uk everyday its called facebook lol i just hope my second application is granted as preparing a pr and a wedding takes a lot of time and effort lol :) i just hope what i wrote is enough to grant my extention aka joint bank account statement and a letter of support from my fiance plus my reason to stay