+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended Family

CheerUp_0316

Jul 9, 2020
Hello everyone, i hope someone can help me with my query. I’ve read about the extended family that can be permitted to enter Canada, it says that any foreign national whose in an exclusive dating relationship of at least 1 year with a permanent resident is now allowed to come here in Canada. My boyfriend is Italian and weve been together for a little over one year but we have not been together physically, can he still be granted entry as an extended family? Thank you and have a good one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, i hope someone can help me with my query. I’ve read about the extended family that can be permitted to enter Canada, it says that any foreign national whose in an exclusive dating relationship of at least 1 year with a permanent resident is now allowed to come here in Canada. My boyfriend is Italian and weve been together for a little over one year but we have not been together physically, can he still be granted entry as an extended family? Thank you and have a good one.
Unlikely. Just clarifying that you have never met in person

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
What other proof to show that we are in an exclusive dating relationship other than pictures together?

Narens16

Sep 11, 2019
Lease with both your names, shared expenses, etc.
What if we have been dating for more than a year and we met physically , we travelled & we spent time together, but we never lived together as we both are living in different countries. Will it be considered as Extended family?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if we have been dating for more than a year and we met physically , we travelled & we spent time together, but we never lived together as we both are living in different countries. Will it be considered as Extended family?
Impossible to say. All you can do is apply and see.

alb20

Dec 4, 2020
Can someone please help me
My brother applied October 18 through email
for extender family application to visit me in Canada I’m permanent resident
I’m we haven’t heard anything back
I call ircc they said he has to call him self we can’t give information but he can’t speak English
Please help ,

bel11

Dec 7, 2020
Just wondering if we should secure the TRV first and get the IRCC authorization letter or the other way around? Will the IRCC authorization to travel will help to get our TRV approved?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just wondering if we should secure the TRV first and get the IRCC authorization letter or the other way around? Will the IRCC authorization to travel will help to get our TRV approved?
TRV first or I have just read you can submit the together. Approval of the special authorization won't impact whether TRV is approved or refused.

Newbie97

May 27, 2019
I have an AL as an extended family but I'm not the main applicant.
Can I land in Canada according to this exemption letter before the main applicant?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have an AL as an extended family but I'm not the main applicant.
Can I land in Canada according to this exemption letter before the main applicant?
do you already have the AL? Do both you and your spouse have siblings in Canada? The PA must land first if you are trying to land as PRs.