+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extended Family

Newbie97

May 27, 2019
do you already have the AL? Do both you and your spouse have siblings in Canada? The PA must land first if you are trying to land as PRs.
We are QSW. My spouse and I have a valid visa and COPR.
AL has been issued just for me. It's wired that they know my situation and they have not issued an exemption for my spouse.
I asked the same question from the IRCC Exemption office and they did not give me a clear answer. They just told me this exemption is issued for you.
My spouse has not any family in Canada and she is PA.
So I can not travel to Canada via this exemption letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We are QSW. My spouse and I have a valid visa and COPR.
AL has been issued just for me. It's wired that they know my situation and they have not issued an exemption for my spouse.
I asked the same question from the IRCC Exemption office and they did not give me a clear answer. They just told me this exemption is issued for you.
My spouse has not any family in Canada and she is PA.
So I can not travel to Canada via this exemption letter?
You cant’ travel as your spouse must land first. Your spouse doesn’t meet definition of extended family members so is not eligible for AL. Once travel restrictions lift, you and your family can travel.

Reactions: canuck78

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Good Day Forum Members,

My Father's Cousin is applying for an out of status construction worker.
One of the requirements is to have someone in Canada as Citizen or PR in their extended family.
Will I be considered an extended family member ?

Appreciate the support.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good Day Forum Members,

My Father's Cousin is applying for an out of status construction worker.
One of the requirements is to have someone in Canada as Citizen or PR in their extended family.
Will I be considered an extended family member ?

Appreciate the support.
What do you mean by "applying for an out of status contruction worker"? What is this person applying for exactly and where are they located now that they are out of status?

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Hi,

Thankyou for a quick response.
Please see the link below for details.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/01/canada-doubles-immigration-program-for-out-of-status-construction-workers-in-the-greater-toronto-area.html

He is in GTA, he had a visitor got converted to work in covid and now visa expired.

He is trying to throw me on the bus.

My problem is If I support him and then am I taking his responsibility, which I do not want to?
But if I say no it will bring trouble to my Father as he is good contact with the family back home.

All I want to see is if I can come out clean based on the requirements of the visa.

Not been able to sleep for last few days due to this.

Again, thanks for your response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/01/canada-doubles-immigration-program-for-out-of-status-construction-workers-in-the-greater-toronto-area.html

He is in GTA, he had a visitor got converted to work in covid and now visa expired.

My problem is If I support him and then am I taking his responsibility, which I do not want to?
But if I say no it will bring trouble to my Father as he is good contact with the family back home.

All I want to see is if I can come out clean based on the requirements of the visa.

Is this person your cousin or your father's cousin? Cousins are classified as family members under this policy. However it would need to be your cousin and not your father's cousin for this to count.

Reactions: Kalsiharjot

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Also note that to meet the policy requirements, he needs to have lived in Canada for at least 5 years continuously from the date of the application. Has he been here for at least 5 years without leaving?

Reactions: Kalsiharjot

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
yes. he is been here for 5 years.

He is my Father's cousin, so my uncle.

I can politely say this to him that, as per the requirements of the visa, I cannot.

You do not know how much of a relief this is to me.
God Bless You, Dear!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes. he is been here for 5 years.

He is my Father's cousin, so my uncle.

I can politely say this to him that, as per the requirements of the visa, I cannot.

You do not know how much of a relief this is to me.
God Bless You, Dear!
Your father's counsin is not your uncle.

Uncles are included in the policy as family members however your father's cousin is not your uncle. Your father's brother would be your uncle. Your father's cousin is not a recognized family member under this policy.

Kalsiharjot

Star Member
Dec 30, 2016
Your father's counsin is not your uncle.

Uncles are included in the policy as family members however your father's cousin is not your uncle. Your father's brother would be your uncle. Your father's cousin is not a recognized family member under this policy.
My Bad, Sorry.

Still.

God Bless You Dear!

M happy, probably going to take a drink this evening and finally can go to bed. Without having me or My Father being screwed.

Thankyou Soooooooo Much.

Reactions: scylla