+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Working Holiday Visa

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Hello,
I am in Canada with a Working Holiday Visa. Supposedly you can not extend the Working Holiday Visa IEC if you are from Spain (this is my case), but on the other hand I see that there is an option on the government website that allows you to apply for an extension of your Open work permit. Would it be possible to apply for this extension of the open work permit in order to extend my stay in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I am in Canada with a Working Holiday Visa. Supposedly you can not extend the Working Holiday Visa IEC if you are from Spain (this is my case), but on the other hand I see that there is an option on the government website that allows you to apply for an extension of your Open work permit. Would it be possible to apply for this extension of the open work permit in order to extend my stay in Canada?
IECs cannot be extended. So not possible to extend through an open work permit extension application.

You can participate in the IEC program a second time but it must be in a different category. So if you want to do it again, you would need to qualify under the Young Professional category. There must also be a three month break betweent the time your first work permit ends and you submit the application for the next one.