+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend work permit/ implied status/restoration suggestion

Vivienzheng

Jan 22, 2014
Hi all, just want to share this info to avoid any body come across the same case and put yourself into difficult situation, and I also would like to looking for good suggestions.
CIC does not accept any additional documents during the working permit processing.

Here is my case:
My previous work permit was expired on Feb, 12, 2015,
But both my AINP and LMIA were in processing at that time.
After be advised by my immigration lawyer,
I sent the application for extending close work permit on Feb 4th, 2015 in order to get the implied status.
Then when I get the nomination letter, I sent it with a letter to explain my situation with my personal info and the info of previous package on March 12.
Today when I called CIC to make sure that they combine my two documents together.

Below the answer from CIC,
Officer will only look at the package they opened, and will not look at the second package with additional document even I clearly stated what this for.
My work permit will be rejected and I can not send one more time extend application because my work permit was expired already.
They suggested me to apply for restoration now in order to save one or two month before CIC send the rejection.

Anybody has good suggestion here?
Is there anything I can do that they can combine my two documents together?
What I want is to get the work permit asap,
and I need to travel out of Canada during the restoration period, what kind of Visitor Visa I should apply for during the stay for waiting work permit to re-entre Canada?
Thank you.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Hey Vivien

The best thing i would say to do is, call them again. Coz sometimes u get two different answers from different agents. If i were you i would call them again

coming to the case now, same thing happened to me. When i applied for my extension my lmia was in process but got a rejection before my lmia was approved. So i restored my status to visitor and now reapply work permit with LMIA

Vivienzheng

Jan 22, 2014
Hi Prashanthbv, thank you very much for your suggestion.
Could you let me know how long did you take to get the restoration status?
What is the procedure?
Get rejected letter- apply for restoration status- apply for a new work permit, is that right proceduree?
Do you know from when I could travel out of Canada? Once I travel out, how can I go back?

Just called CIC, and they indeed gave the different answer.
This time they told me I should not do anything before the decision were made.
Once I apply for restoration, my status will be lose if I travel out to Canada, then I have to apply the work permit outside of Canada.

Thank you very much.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Vivienzheng said:
Hi Prashanthbv, thank you very much for your suggestion.
Could you let me know how long did you take to get the restoration status?
What is the procedure?
Get rejected letter- apply for restoration status- apply for a new work permit, is that right proceduree?
Do you know from when I could travel out of Canada? Once I travel out, how can I go back?

Just called CIC, and they indeed gave the different answer.
This time they told me I should not do anything before the decision were made.
Once I apply for restoration, my status will be lose if I travel out to Canada, then I have to apply the work permit outside of Canada.

Thank you very much.
Hey Seems like we are on the same boat. Yea thats the issue with cic agents, they give different answers each time.

I have applied for restoration to visitor on December 17 and got it approve last week. This was a paper application

Now i got my LMIA so i have been told the same that i have to apply for WP at a office outside canada. So now the option i have is i can send the paper application to the New york office. Then get it processed from there. I dont physically need to be out of Canada if i am applying at the NY office.I can send the documents and may need to visit NY only if they call me for an interview. They calling for an interview is very rare as per the CIC agent

And since you are on restoration period, i wouldnt suggest travelling outside as returning would be an issue unless u have a status. I am stuck here due to that since december and could not go to my home country

Which country are u from? Are u from any visa exempt countries?

Vivienzheng

Jan 22, 2014
Thank you very much for your reply, good luck on your work permit.

I'm from China, need visa to enter.

So Does that mean I'm not allow to travel out of Canada during the restoration and work permit application period?

if I must travel out of Canada for 2 weeks and have to go back after that during the restoration, what can I do?

Once I travel out of Canada, means I will lose my status in Canada, will it effect my immigration in CIC which I submitted in Feb?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Vivienzheng said:
Thank you very much for your reply, good luck on your work permit.

I'm from China, need visa to enter.

So Does that mean I'm not allow to travel out of Canada during the restoration and work permit application period?

if I must travel out of Canada for 2 weeks and have to go back after that during the restoration, what can I do?

Once I travel out of Canada, means I will lose my status in Canada, will it effect my immigration in CIC which I submitted in Feb?
Yes during the restoration if you exit canada you cannot enter back unless you have any other valid status. Restoration period is almost like Out of status, but a second chance give by CIC to apply for something else if we can.

If you go out it will not effect for whateever you have already applied for. But just that u cannot enter back canada till whatever you have submitted in feb is approved

ABBA71

Aug 14, 2014
I would like some opinion about applying the restoration status of work permit. My bf's work permit expired on March 31, 2015 and we applied extended work permit without LMIA on February 26, 2015. CIC rejected it on June 9, 2015. However on March 16, 2015, he received a PNP certificate. We will apply for LMIA exempt.

My question is how to answer the IMM5710 page 4, number 2 about
2a. Have you ever remained beyond the validity of your status, attended school without authorization, or worked without authorization?

Should we check the NO or YES box?

Because he was in implied status from March 31 until June 9. He stopped working since he got that email from CIC but he still remains in Canada to restore his status of worker.

Could you please help me with this matter? Thanks.

Raven_TL

Feb 4, 2016
Hi ABBA71,

I could end up in a similar position. I've applied for the OINP PNP, but haven't received an AOR yet. I'm considering trying the implied status to buy some time on my PNP application and then submitting another application once I receive the nomination certificate. Could you please tell me how you and your boyfriend dealt with the situation?

Thanks!