+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Visitor Visa during 6 Weeks stay

philatcanada

Apr 13, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm just figuring out my trip to visit my girl friend and because I don't have a lot of savings right now I decided to only come over for about 6 weeks, so it's more of a holiday.

My plan, however, is to, right away, apply for an extension of the visa. I heard I have to do that 30 days in advance, so I would have to do it about 2 weeks into my vacation.

I'm from Germany, Visa exempt, no criminal record, no overstays, no medical condition. I've been to Canada about 4 times since we met.

I have the following questions:

1. Is there any minimum time you would need to visit in order to be able to apply for an extension. Does the fact that I'm only entering for 6 weeks affect the likelyhood of it going through?
2. Isn't it actually very probable that I will get a regular stamp without any limitation if I have all the documents to proof ties to Germany? I'm self-employed and will have a letter from my business partner and another client, proving that I have a business and need to be back to work with them.

Thanks a lot!

Phil

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
I dont really understand what you mean?

You wanna come to Canada for 6 weeks and then apply for an extension? Why? I thought you only wanna stay 6 weeks ?
When you get to Canada theyll probably just give you the normal visitor visa stamp which is vaild for 6 months. You can leave after 6 weeks or you can stay up to 6 months.
If you wanna stay more than 6 months,then yes,you have to apply for a new one before your current visitor visa expires.