AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
my in laws came to Canada in first week of February of 2019, its just a visitor visa which allows them to stay for 6 months, so in first week of August of 2019 the 6 months are expiring and I have just applied for the extension approval this week (17th July, 2019 - I know I have applied too late) their returns are booked for the first week of August, 2019 but now since they want to stay little more, can they stay longer until the reply comes from the immigration? i mean does it damage your future entry back to Canada or any other application?
P.S. no information has sent by the immigration if they have received my application for extension, so I do not even know if they have received or even start looking at it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
my in laws came to Canada in first week of February of 2019, its just a visitor visa which allows them to stay for 6 months, so in first week of August of 2019 the 6 months are expiring and I have just applied for the extension approval this week (17th July, 2019 - I know I have applied too late) their returns are booked for the first week of August, 2019 but now since they want to stay little more, can they stay longer until the reply comes from the immigration? i mean does it damage your future entry back to Canada or any other application?
P.S. no information has sent by the immigration if they have received my application for extension, so I do not even know if they have received or even start looking at it.
You didn't apply late. They can stay while waiting for a decision on the app.

Pakvik

Jul 28, 2019
Hi there,
Sorry if this question was asked in different threads. My parents have a multi entry visa to Canada which will be expired in 2027. They came to visit my family in April 20, 2019 so they are okay to stay until October. They also have a multi entry visa to USA. They are planning to travel to Seattle for a couple of days in early October. Would they have any issues to come back to Canada and stay for another 4-5 months? Or should we apply for extension of their stay?
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,
Sorry if this question was asked in different threads. My parents have a multi entry visa to Canada which will be expired in 2027. They came to visit my family in April 20, 2019 so they are okay to stay until October. They also have a multi entry visa to USA. They are planning to travel to Seattle for a couple of days in early October. Would they have any issues to come back to Canada and stay for another 4-5 months? Or should we apply for extension of their stay?
Thank you
It should be fine. There's no point in applying for an extension when they are leaving. Visitor status ends when a person leaves Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi there,
Thank you
No point applying for an extension if leaving but of course there is no guarantee they will get another authorised stay of another 4-5 months on reentry so keep that in mind.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi people, can you help me please?
So we applied an inland spousal sponsorship that we sent on July 27th and still haven't receive any email about AOR until now. My 6months permit of stay is about to end by next month Oct.14th, so now I'm working on extending my visitor's visa.. I want to extend for another 6 months atleast, on the eligibility questionnaire online there's only 2 options for the amount of stay, it's "Less than 6months" or "more than 6months" which one should I choose? when I clicked the more than 6months it gives me the medical requirement which I dont know if I would have enough time to get the result before my 6months of stay ends. If I choose "less than 6 months" would I still possibly get another 6 months of stay?" I have to submit for extension by this month.

Thank you for those who will answer. Have a good day! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi people, can you help me please?
So we applied an inland spousal sponsorship that we sent on July 27th and still haven't receive any email about AOR until now. My 6months permit of stay is about to end by next month Oct.14th, so now I'm working on extending my visitor's visa.. I want to extend for another 6 months atleast, on the eligibility questionnaire online there's only 2 options for the amount of stay, it's "Less than 6months" or "more than 6months" which one should I choose? when I clicked the more than 6months it gives me the medical requirement which I dont know if I would have enough time to get the result before my 6months of stay ends. If I choose "less than 6 months" would I still possibly get another 6 months of stay?" I have to submit for extension by this month.

Thank you for those who will answer. Have a good day! :)
You wouldn't have to get the medical done before the 6 month mark.

You can submit the extension up until your current status expires.

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Cuz I heard that medical process takes 3-4weeks.. So that means I can just upload that later after I submit my extension app online?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Cuz I heard that medical process takes 3-4weeks.. So that means I can just upload that later after I submit my extension app online?
The medical depends on the office and how long it takes to get an appointment

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
The medical depends on the office and how long it takes to get an appointment
Oh okay. So can I able to submit my app and just follow up the medical later? Or should I make a letter that I will make an appointment and upload the medical result later then I'll upload that letter to the medical file.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh okay. So can I able to submit my app and just follow up the medical later? Or should I make a letter that I will make an appointment and upload the medical result later then I'll upload that letter to the medical file.
Wait because a medical is not always requested.