+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend Study Permit - Proof of Funds

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Hey guys, I am going to extend my Study Permit soon. My dad is sponsoring me. I don't have any income in Canada, so obviously I don't have a big sum of money in my bank account. The question is - do I need to show money in my own bank account for extension. Or if I am being sponsored by someone I don't need to have funds on my account? And just to show financial documents of my sponsor?

ravie.92

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yumirdci said:
Hey guys, I am going to extend my Study Permit soon. My dad is sponsoring me. I don't have any income in Canada, so obviously I don't have a big sum of money in my bank account. The question is - do I need to show money in my own bank account for extension. Or if I am being sponsored by someone I don't need to have funds on my account? And just to show financial documents of my sponsor?
its better to hier a lawer or consult a consultant. Forums can only guide but consultant can direct you well enough.

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Hey, for extending a study permit, there is no need to hire an agent or lawyer.Moreover don't trust agents also.It's very easy..u may have workshop classes in college or can ask some help from your friends who have done the same.I have extended mine on march 1st week and i shown a proof of 4000cad in my canadian bank account.I guess anything more than 3000 in your account will be enough.

Reactions: zeiya

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
yumirdci said:
Extending permit by yourself is not a super hard thing to do. I was sponsored by my parents to study in Canada, and when I extended my study permit, I only showed my parents' proof of property/funds, not my bank account. I got my permit extended without any problem. If you have around $3000 or $4000 in your personal bank account, as mentioned by other member above, you should be good as well.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

steyn007 said:
Hey, for extending a study permit, there is no need to hire an agent or lawyer.Moreover don't trust agents also.It's very easy..u may have workshop classes in college or can ask some help from your friends who have done the same.I have extended mine on march 1st week and i shown a proof of 4000cad in my canadian bank account.I guess anything more than 3000 in your account will be enough.

As low as CAD 1500 will also work provided you have paid your semester fees.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

Well the college hadn't yet issued a statement for semester fees. So I can't yet pay them. Do you think just the parents finances will work? I only have around CAD 1000 at the moment, so I don't think I should even show this amount. And I also have USD 1,500 at my U.S. bank account. DO you think I should show both accounts with such low amount plus my parents finances? Or just the parents's will be ok?

CHANNO

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
unsvn.it said:
Extending permit by yourself is not a super hard thing to do. I was sponsored by my parents to study in Canada, and when I extended my study permit, I only showed my parents' proof of property/funds, not my bank account. I got my permit extended without any problem. If you have around $3000 or $4000 in your personal bank account, as mentioned by other member above, you should be good as well.
Hello dear!

I am planning to apply for extension of my study permit. Should I need to attach any explanation letter? If so then please send me sample of explanation letter.

regards,

singsand

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Hi All. I need to extend my study permit for attending just one of my courses (total cost: CAD 300) plus lodging and food. How much should i show as proof of funds. Can I show my parent's proof for the same?

khialeesi

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys! I’m extending my study permit soon but the proof of income i have here was issued March 2017 with 20,000cad. Will they still accept this? Are they still gonna confirm the amount of money with the bank? Please i need your reply.

azidane17

Aug 22, 2020
Hi,

Hey! are you sure that $1500 will be enough? I am extending my study permit soon, I have around $3000 in my bank account but I haven't paid my tuition yet, I have some funds for my tuition and the other funds I am trying to get from scholarships that I applied to (still hasen't come in yet)