+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend (post graduation) work permit

Jan 15, 2020
Hi everyone, I want to ask if I can extend my one-year post graduation work permit by the time it expires? or can I apply for any different kind of work permit so that I can stay in Canada? Do I need to get a support letter from employer or Lmia?
My case: I will finish my one year program with 2 weeks and will get one year post graduation work permit, but now I'm worried that one year is not enough time for PNP. I might have to start over again come back to school for 2 years program(I'm living in Manitoba). please help if anyone knows my case!!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
PGWP cant be extended, also you can only get it once. If you want 3 years you should study another 1 year program after the first one then you should get 3.

Reactions: antoinebuiid29
Jan 15, 2020
PGWP cant be extended, also you can only get it once. If you want 3 years you should study another 1 year program after the first one then you should get 3.
If i come back to school i have to wait for at least 6 months in the waiting list. I asked cic, and they said 2 programs have to be continuously within 2 years. So its not an option for me.