+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend my stay as a visitor

vanes89

Oct 31, 2018
Hi all,

My closed work permit will be expired soon next month and i want to extend my stay as a visitor. Is there anyone having any experiences for this case. It's quite hard for me to write a cover letter to explain why i need to stay more in Canada. In fact, my baby was born two months ago and i need more time in Canada to do some paperworks for her (Canada passport and my home country passport as well). These processes need quite long time. Do you guys think i should explain this situation to CIC officers? Does it have any conflicts? I mean to apply visitor visa i need to explain why i need this visa, where or whom i should visit or something that can persuade CIC officers?

Let me explain more about my case. I have worked in Canada almost two years. My contract will be expired at the end of March. I strongly believe that after that i can have enough score to get invitation to apply EE. But i do not want to leave Canada due to the above reason.

Thanks for any helps

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

My closed work permit will be expired soon next month and i want to extend my stay as a visitor. Is there anyone having any experiences for this case. It's quite hard for me to write a cover letter to explain why i need to stay more in Canada. In fact, my baby was born two months ago and i need more time in Canada to do some paperworks for her (Canada passport and my home country passport as well). These processes need quite long time. Do you guys think i should explain this situation to CIC officers? Does it have any conflicts? I mean to apply visitor visa i need to explain why i need this visa, where or whom i should visit or something that can persuade CIC officers?

Let me explain more about my case. I have worked in Canada almost two years. My contract will be expired at the end of March. I strongly believe that after that i can have enough score to get invitation to apply EE. But i do not want to leave Canada due to the above reason.

Thanks for any helps
Hi

You can apply to change your status to visitor.

vanes89

Oct 31, 2018
Hi

You can apply to change your status to visitor.
Yes, i am planning to apply to change my status to visitor. but i am worried about the cover letter. What should i write to persuade the CIC officers? I did some survey and research in this forum about cover letter for a visitor. However, most cases are sponsorship for family members so their visit is quite reasonable. But for my case, i do not visit any one, i just want to extend my stay in Canada such that i have more time to prepare paperworks for my baby. Then i can leave Canada and waiting PR results if i apply PR later. Can you give me any advice about cover letter for my case?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, i am planning to apply to change my status to visitor. but i am worried about the cover letter. What should i write to persuade the CIC officers? I did some survey and research in this forum about cover letter for a visitor. However, most cases are sponsorship for family members so their visit is quite reasonable. But for my case, i do not visit any one, i just want to extend my stay in Canada such that i have more time to prepare paperworks for my baby. Then i can leave Canada and waiting PR results if i apply PR later. Can you give me any advice about cover letter for my case?
You don't need a cover letter. Just explain the app why you want to stay.

It shouldn't take 2 months to get a passport for your baby.

vanes89

Oct 31, 2018
You don't need a cover letter. Just explain the app why you want to stay.

It shouldn't take 2 months to get a passport for your baby.
Thanks for you reply. Yes, actually even though it may take only 2 months to get passport for my baby but i really want to stay at least 6 months in Canada ( I wish ). One reason is vaccination for my baby, i need stay 6 months more to get my child vaccinated. If i move back to my home country, i am afraid there are some differences in vaccination used in Canada and other countries, it may be not good for my baby. That is my main concern , so do you think that reason is fine or it makes CIC officers feel that my family will cost them medical expenses (even though my baby is Canadian)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for you reply. Yes, actually even though it may take only 2 months to get passport for my baby but i really want to stay at least 6 months in Canada ( I wish ). One reason is vaccination for my baby, i need stay 6 months more to get my child vaccinated. If i move back to my home country, i am afraid there are some differences in vaccination used in Canada and other countries, it may be not good for my baby. That is my main concern , so do you think that reason is fine or it makes CIC officers feel that my family will cost them medical expenses (even though my baby is Canadian)?
Getting vaccinated in Canada is not a good reason. As long as you go through a reputable source vaccinations are very standard and should be available in your home country. You should be getting your child's paperwork prepared. You may be be able to stay as a visitor but may not get the extension period you want.