+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extend my stay after PGWP and during CSQ application

benjaminfrank

Jun 27, 2018
Dear all,

My post-graduation work permit will expire soon and I am currently apply under ARIMA (with VJO from my company). I wonder if I can continue to stay and work with my current job in Quebec (for less than 90 days since my status expired) or I have to move to my home country and wait for MIFI's decision? Also, should I ask my company to apply for LMIA before my work permit expires?

Thank you for your time my fellows,

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
The only way to make an extension of a PGWP is for your passport to expire before the time it belongs to you. Let me explain, if you had a three-year permit and your passport expires after two years, the permit is granted only for the validity of your passport (2 years), when you renew your passport, you can apply for the additional year that you lacked.

Reactions: benjaminfrank

benjaminfrank

Jun 27, 2018
The only way to make an extension of a PGWP is for your passport to expire before the time it belongs to you. Let me explain, if you had a three-year permit and your passport expires after two years, the permit is granted only for the validity of your passport (2 years), when you renew your passport, you can apply for the additional year that you lacked.
Thank you @aeya , I will change my subject tittle to: Extend my stay after PGWP. I wonder if you have any recommendation in my case ?

benjaminfrank

Jun 27, 2018
Just with a closed work permit, the famous A75 form.
Hi @aeya , sorry for troubling you again. Under the A75 form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_iv), there is a requirement that my employer must: submit an offer of employment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

But they did not mention which form should my employer submit. Is it possible if you can help me with this.

Thank you so much !

Zgajipurwala

Mar 30, 2019
Hi @aeya , sorry for troubling you again. Under the A75 form (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2c&q3_options=2c_iv), there is a requirement that my employer must: submit an offer of employment to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

But they did not mention which form should my employer submit. Is it possible if you can help me with this.

Thank you so much !
Your employer has to create a profile on the employer portal and fill out the details about the firm. And also they have to submit a letter of employment which should be for a minimum of 2 years and all the details about your position, job description, title etc and pay the fees.

Reactions: benjaminfrank

rtz2020

Jul 17, 2020
My case was pretty similar to yours. My PGWP expired in June and I have quit the job but I receive my CSQ in August. Due to public policy due to covid-19. I was able to restore my status with the help of my new employer through the a75 process.

For you, I would recommend you apply to extend your work permit even without CSQ under a75 process but attach your arrima application receipt and an explanation letter. Then you could at least continue working with an implied status. And if you are lucky enough to receive your csq before you got the result from wp renewal application, just send your csq as a supplemental document. If not, you still have 90 days to restore your status as a worker

benjaminfrank

Jun 27, 2018
My case was pretty similar to yours. My PGWP expired in June and I have quit the job but I receive my CSQ in August. Due to public policy due to covid-19. I was able to restore my status with the help of my new employer through the a75 process.

For you, I would recommend you apply to extend your work permit even without CSQ under a75 process but attach your arrima application receipt and an explanation letter. Then you could at least continue working with an implied status. And if you are lucky enough to receive your csq before you got the result from wp renewal application, just send your csq as a supplemental document. If not, you still have 90 days to restore your status as a worker
Thank you for detailing me your case, this would save me a lot of time and trouble!!!!

Reactions: rtz2020

co2020

May 31, 2020
Thank you @aeya , I will change my subject tittle to: Extend my stay after PGWP. I wonder if you have any recommendation in my case ?
You can apply for a closed work permit. It would require your employer to sponsor you. You should speak to an immigration consultant about your options.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for detailing me your case, this would save me a lot of time and trouble!!!!
It's a very simple process and you can do it on your own. Your employer need to apply on employer portal for a job offer ID. From your GCKEY you then need to apply for A75 with an explanation letter about your csq in process alongwith AOR of your csq application. If you need details of a french forum wherein hordes of people have applied A75 without csq and got it approved also, please pm me.
All the best.