+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXTEND IEC-Workin Holiday Visa

Greta Stella

Nov 10, 2019
Good morning everyone!
I'm an Italian citizen here in Canada with and IEC Working Holiday Visa / Open Work Permit.
My permit was supposed to be valide for 6 months (until October 18th), but, at my arrival at the airport, the Immigration gave me almost 9 months (until January 15th).
I'm writing you because I would like to extend my Visa only as visitor but I don't know how and if I can do that. On the Immigration online platform I've found only informations about the work permit extension.
I know that as Italian citizen I can apply to stay an additional 6 months as tourist. Is that possible to me? The three extra months that I got are already included in the eventual extension of the Visa?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greta

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good morning everyone!
I'm an Italian citizen here in Canada with and IEC Working Holiday Visa / Open Work Permit.
My permit was supposed to be valide for 6 months (until October 18th), but, at my arrival at the airport, the Immigration gave me almost 9 months (until January 15th).
I'm writing you because I would like to extend my Visa only as visitor but I don't know how and if I can do that. On the Immigration online platform I've found only informations about the work permit extension.
I know that as Italian citizen I can apply to stay an additional 6 months as tourist. Is that possible to me? The three extra months that I got are already included in the eventual extension of the Visa?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greta
You would need to apply to change your status to visitor. How long you'll get will depend on the person reviewing the app. Ensure you submit sufficient proof of finances to support your extended stay.