+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry

Sakshi Arora

May 16, 2016
Hi Guys,

My husband was main applicant we applied for PR together, we both were arrested for some household issues. My husband went to Sarnia to do landing in between and they took his COPR and asked to go for landing in Toronto once charges are withdrawal. My husband's charges are dropped and he is on peace bound for a year. He has only 2 months left for his bridge work permit to expire.

Now my question is how my husband can do landing or where and how, he has stamp on his passport. please anyone suggest us something. He doesn't have COPR anymore.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

My husband was main applicant we applied for PR together, we both were arrested for some household issues. My husband went to Sarnia to do landing in between and they took his COPR and asked to go for landing in Toronto once charges are withdrawal. My husband's charges are dropped and he is on peace bound for a year. He has only 2 months left for his bridge work permit to expire.

Now my question is how my husband can do landing or where and how, he has stamp on his passport. please anyone suggest us something. He doesn't have COPR anymore.
You should consult a lawyer on this.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Can I take my adopted baby with me if I get PR from Canada ? she is 14 yrs old. what would be the procedure ?
Cannot answer your question directly but have you checked the many answers on the IRCC site.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?top=2

Also obviously she is no longer a baby at 14 so did you formally adpot whilst an infant with all the official paperwork and is it just you plus the child as a dependant or other family members as well.

Feb 18, 2020
Cannot answer your question directly but have you checked the many answers on the IRCC site.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?top=2

Also obviously she is no longer a baby at 14 so did you formally adpot whilst an infant with all the official paperwork and is it just you plus the child as a dependant or other family members as well.
Good to hear you Mr. Bs65 ! actually she is my brother's daughter , but from her childhood I have been maintaining all her responsibilities and she call me mother and also I consider her as my daughter but dont have any legal documents or work paper bcz I was not need. Now am planning to move another country and i can not leave her (although she is not ready to stay without me ). what types of documents should I ready for her now ? would u pls give me a honest advise !!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good to hear you Mr. Bs65 ! actually she is my brother's daughter , but from her childhood I have been maintaining all her responsibilities and she call me mother and also I consider her as my daughter but dont have any legal documents or work paper bcz I was not need. Now am planning to move another country and i can not leave her (although she is not ready to stay without me ). what types of documents should I ready for her now ? would u pls give me a honest advise !!
No, you can't include her. She is not your legal child. Are her biological parents still alive? What is the full situation?

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
No you can't bring her. You need to be her legal guardian or parent (you will have to apply for adoption).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to legally adopt her in order to have a chance of bringing her to Canada.

Feb 18, 2020
No, you can't include her. She is not your legal child. Are her biological parents still alive? What is the full situation?
Yes, her biological parents still alive and they dont have any problem bcz my daughter is not ready to leave me so biological parents can understand. pls give me better ideas to solve this issue. I cannot live also without her (my daughter ) !!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, her biological parents still alive and they dont have any problem bcz my daughter is not ready to leave me so biological parents can understand. pls give me better ideas to solve this issue. I cannot live also without her (my daughter ) !!
Would u pls tell me should i contact with any lawyer or what actually I have to do for getting legality as guardian ?
Your solution is to not immigrate to Canada. With both parents alive, any adoption would be seen as an Adoption of Convenience.