+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry

Jan 11, 2018
Good day all, I want to know me and my wife's chances of getting a permanent residence through Express Entry if we have a son that is a citizen of Canada

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Good day all, I want to know me and my wife's chances of getting a permanent residence through Express Entry if we have a son that is a citizen of Canada
Having a child in Canada (either as PR or Citizen) will give you 5 points under the FSW eligibiility scale (67/100 minimum), but nothing under the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS). It has to be a brother or sister in this last case to get 15 points.

So yes it does increase your chances of becoming eligible for the FSW program itself. But once you are found eligible, it won't help you in receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).

Reactions: Kehinde Adeyemo
Jan 11, 2018
Having a child in Canada (either as PR or Citizen) will give you 5 points under the FSW eligibiility scale (67/100 minimum), but nothing under the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS). It has to be a brother or sister in this last case to get 15 points.

So yes it does increase your chances of becoming eligible for the FSW program itself. But once you are found eligible, it won't help you in receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Thanks for the information