+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry?

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am trying to apply for Canadian PR under the Express Entry. Just wanna get some help from you all regarding the following,

1. My NOC is "0122 Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers". Is this NOC a generic one? Will applying under this be a problem?

2. I will be applying with my wife. So the total points comes around 435. Will this be sort of enough to apply?

3. Since my NOC is sort of generic by the looks of it, what would you recommend. To apply directly by myself? or through a Agent?

4. I was looking at WES for my credentials assessment. What is the package I need to use? WES Basic ($100)?

5. I did my higher studies at one of the Institutes in my country. But the awarding body of the certificates are from foreign university/ institute. Can the local institute certify the copies of transcripts and send it to WES? or do i need to request the foreign Uni to send (through the local institute)?

I am pretty confused on the above. So little bit reluctant to pursue this. So would appreciate all the help.

Thank you all in advance.

CanadaSweetDreams

Jun 28, 2017
My answers are based on my understanding. I have not researched these 100%

1. You can apply under any NOC. Its not an issue.
2. Its enough to apply. Tommorow's draw will bring the cutoff below 435 most probably.
3. Apply yourself. Getting an agent is only needed if you dont have time to research a bit yourself. Otherwise save the money. Its pretty straight forward.
4. WES has a specific package for IRCC. Use that. Its about 220CAD as I remember
5. You were given the transcript/ degree certificate from your local institute or foriegn one? I would assume it has to be the body which is able to send original transcripts/ certificate to WES. (Also follow WES instructions on what exactly they require you to send)

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
My answers are based on my understanding. I have not researched these 100%

1. You can apply under any NOC. Its not an issue.
2. Its enough to apply. Tommorow's draw will bring the cutoff below 435 most probably.
3. Apply yourself. Getting an agent is only needed if you dont have time to research a bit yourself. Otherwise save the money. Its pretty straight forward.
4. WES has a specific package for IRCC. Use that. Its about 220CAD as I remember
5. You were given the transcript/ degree certificate from your local institute or foriegn one? I would assume it has to be the body which is able to send original transcripts/ certificate to WES. (Also follow WES instructions on what exactly they require you to send)
Thank bro. Really appreciate the response.

Will it be a problem when submitting the PR documents, such as the experience letters without any guidance from an Agent?

My transcripts were given by the foreign institute.

CanadaSweetDreams

Jun 28, 2017
Thank bro. Really appreciate the response.

Will it be a problem when submitting the PR documents, such as the experience letters without any guidance from an Agent?

My transcripts were given by the foreign institute.
No prob.
You dont need an agent for that.
Letter formats are there on the internet (even in this forum). Everything you need can be researched or asked here.
In my opinion an agent is an unnecessary middle man.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
No prob.
You dont need an agent for that.
Letter formats are there on the internet (even in this forum). Everything you need can be researched or asked here.
In my opinion an agent is an unnecessary middle man.
Thanks bro. Really appreciate the quick responses.

If I am correct, these are the things I need now.

1. Send my transcripts to WES (one set through the Uni + one set by myself) - copies (black & white) of the transcripts
2. Get my IELTS 7+ on each.
3. Create my profile in EE.
4. Wait for the results to apply for PR

can i send mine and my wifes certificates in the same WES request?

CanadaSweetDreams

Jun 28, 2017

1. Send my transcripts to WES (one set through the Uni + one set by myself) - copies (black & white) of the transcripts

I dont think you can send both you and wife in same WES request. Most probably has to be seperate.

You need a letter from employee to show that you have work experience
You need police certificate from any country you stayed more than 6 months after you were 18.
You need money (bank statements) can do after ITA
You need medical - can do after ITA

The first two I mentioned, you should start working on them now.

But theoretically yes. You only need WES and IELTS to create the EE and get the ITA.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Do I need to send photo copies (black & white) or colored copies or certified copies (notary), for the transcripts I send?

Whats the package I need to select in WES. Document-by-Document (C$ 200)?

Whats the delivery method I should opt for? Canada Post? International Courier?

Last edited:

mpka291

Jun 28, 2017
Vietnam
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

For IELTS test, you need L 8+ and R, W, S 7+ (equal to English CLB Level 9+ each) to receive Transferability Point on CRS.
Please refer to below links for the information:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) detail:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Language Test Equivalent:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp
You may want to use the CRS tool to calculate CRS in many English result senarios:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
For IELTS test, you need L 8+ and R, W, S 7+ (equal to English CLB Level 9+ each) to receive Transferability Point on CRS.
Please refer to below links for the information:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) detail:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp
Language Test Equivalent:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp
You may want to use the CRS tool to calculate CRS in many English result senarios:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Thanks bro. I will be able to get 8.

Reactions: mpka291

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Do I need to send photo copies (black & white) or colored copies or certified copies (notary), for the transcripts I send?

Whats the package I need to select in WES. Document-by-Document (C$ 200)?

Whats the delivery method I should opt for? Canada Post? International Courier?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
You need to have your school send transcripts directly to WES.

You need to select WES ECA package
https://www.wes.org/ca/eca/

Canada Post delivery is fine. You will receive the paper copy of your ECA a bit slower than with international courier and without tracking, but to create EE profile, you only need the online PDF, so there is no rush to receive the paper copy.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
You need to have your school send transcripts directly to WES.

You need to select WES ECA package
https://www.wes.org/ca/eca/

Canada Post delivery is fine. You will receive the paper copy of your ECA a bit slower than with international courier and without tracking, but to create EE profile, you only need the online PDF, so there is no rush to receive the paper copy.
Thank you so much. But I meant the transcripts that I should send. Whether it should be black n white or colored?

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I don't think it matters. You just need to have your school send the transcripts directly to ECA, color or black and white.