+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry

Dattarana

Mar 10, 2016
Hi guys, I'm working in Canada for last 2 years on a secondment through an intraday-company transfer. I'm here in Toronto on working visa & my employer extended the secondment for another 2 years, although it's unlikely that they would keep me here for more than a year. Now, I'm thinking of applying my PR through express entry, but not sure if CIC would consider my job here as a valid job offer and I could avail 600 points? I'm a permanent full time employee of my company, but my original employment is under our Indian subsidiary and my tenure here is documented as an International assignment for a definite period.

Also, I would like to check if proof of funds are of any help if they don't consider my job offer to give me 600 points...? Is proof of funds is an alternative of job while applying through express entry?

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
CIC only give 600 LMIA points if your job is PERMANENT, INDETERMINATE, AND NON-SEASONAL. This important info needs to be stated in your contract/work letter in order to gain that 600 points. Contract work thus does not count.

Dattarana

Mar 10, 2016
My job in the company is permanent, full time and non-seasonal in the company....but original employment is under Indian subsidiary and seconded to employment under Canadian subsidiary for 2 years and reviewed and extend after each 2 years...so that would term as contractual and would not be considered eligible for 600 points? Is there any other alternative to secure points, as I heard proof of funds is an alternative when you don't have a valid job.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
If its not LMIA, you don't get 600 points. Your job is not LMIA
You can additional 600 points through provincial nomiation programs
Scoring very high on your IELTS is also very important.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Where did you hear that proof of funds gives 600 points? Can you provide a link? As long as I know only LMIA supports job offer or Provincial nomination give these points.