+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Work History problem/question under CEC

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
Hello!
I am in the process of filling out my express entry application under CEC but have run into a problem. For one of my past jobs I accidentally started working a month before my work permit was officially issued and again, accidentally, continued working for 3 months past its expiration date. I have written letters of explanation for both situations and am in no way trying to hide it.

My question is: in the Work History section of the express entry application, it asks Do any of the following conditions apply:

Working legally in Canada during this time?
A person must have:
been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
not stayed longer than the approved time period.

I'm confused on how to answer this because I was only working with out a permit for part of the time, and I had valid status in Canada thru a study permit.

Any advice would be amazing!!

kevin0120

Jan 7, 2016
Did u work after u submitted your application of work permit?

Did u applied extension of work permit before it expiring?

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
I'm nearly positive I had already submitted my application for my WP when I started working, It just hadnt been issued yet.

No, I didnt apply for an extension of WP before it expired, I didnt work all thru the school year so I just applied for WPs for the summer months.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you were on an off-campus work permit, your status was "student" and you can exclude that work experience from your profile, as it will not count.

Later, if you get an ITA, you will have to provide a complete work history, but that is not required for the EOI profile.

Boo135

Jul 13, 2013
Sorry, I guess I wasn't totally clear in my first post, I already got my ITA, im putting together my actual application not applying to enter the pool.