+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: what other options do I have?

akrcr24

Apr 4, 2020
Surely express your interest in PNP. But it may turn out that you wait for your nomination forever.

You have several options including Canadian grad school pathway maybe.

Learning French will be a great asset in the current trends.
Ok thanks! Will explore the grad school pathway. I’m getting really confused / overwhelmed with all the information online

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
As you have obtained 438 CRS score, you will have quite bit low chances to get Canada permanent residency visa. As per the current Express Entry draw, candidates with at least 467 CRS score or above are invited to apply to become permanent residents of Canada.
With 438 CRS score, you are suggested to either increase your overall CRS score or go to apply for Canada provincial nominee program. Currently Alberta released its newest draw and it invites qualified applicants with minimum 300 CRS score. You have good chances to apply in this province. Besides Alberta PNP, you are also eligible under Ontario province.
Alternatively, to improve your CRS score, you are suggested to learn French language or score 9 CLB in IELTS exam. If you have spouse, then complete your spouse ECA and IELTS exam. You can get additional points if some of your relatives currently living in Canada like any siblings or other. Getting higher degree automatically increase your CRS score like Master or Doctorate degree.
Hope, this helps!

akrcr24

Apr 4, 2020
As you have obtained 438 CRS score, you will have quite bit low chances to get Canada permanent residency visa. As per the current Express Entry draw, candidates with at least 467 CRS score or above are invited to apply to become permanent residents of Canada.
With 438 CRS score, you are suggested to either increase your overall CRS score or go to apply for Canada provincial nominee program. Currently Alberta released its newest draw and it invites qualified applicants with minimum 300 CRS score. You have good chances to apply in this province. Besides Alberta PNP, you are also eligible under Ontario province.
Alternatively, to improve your CRS score, you are suggested to learn French language or score 9 CLB in IELTS exam. If you have spouse, then complete your spouse ECA and IELTS exam. You can get additional points if some of your relatives currently living in Canada like any siblings or other. Getting higher degree automatically increase your CRS score like Master or Doctorate degree.
Hope, this helps!
Noted and thanks so much for your reply! I have some additional inquiries:

1) My NOC 6232 is considered a moderately in-demand occupation in Alberta. I found that the Alberta PNP has many streams and sub-streams, all of which require a permanent job offer with complicated requirements. I do not have a job offer. Which stream should I apply to?

2) I am not married, but my father has a first cousin living in Ontario. I am not sure if he is considered a "relative" Can I update my Express Entry profile and add my father's cousin as my "relative living in Canada"?

Last edited:

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
1) My NOC 6232 is considered a moderately in-demand occupation in Alberta. I found that the Alberta PNP has many streams and sub-streams, all of which require a permanent job offer with complicated requirements. I do not have a job offer. Which stream should I apply to?

As you don’t have job offer letter to apply under Alberta PNP, you have available one option, namely Alberta Express Entry stream which can help you out to effective reach in the province with less processing time. Through Alberta Express Entry stream, you can get additional 600 points will make your better chances to gain permanent residency visa. To apply, the first step you should take is to create an express Entry profile with submitting all necessary information. You need to score required CRS as per current Alberta PNP draw and right now, candidates with at least 300 CRS score are invited to apply for Alberta PNP.

2) I am not married, but my father has a first cousin living in Ontario. I am not sure if he is considered a "relative" Can I update my Express Entry profile and add my father's cousin as my "relative living in Canada"?
[/QUOTE]
No, Ontario PNP does not provide additional benefits of having relatives living in Canada. However, Ontario offers various pathways to immigrate to the province and work there.
There are three streams wherein you can apply for Ontario PNP such as Employer Job offer Category, Human Capital Category and in Ontario Express Entry category. If you want to proceed through Ontario Express Entry stream, you can apply in this province under which you must have an active profile in the Express Entry pool and must score at least 67 immigration points out of 100 that are calculated on the basis of key selection factors, namely, age, education, skilled work experience, language ability and adaptability to Ontario labor workforce.
Hope, this Helps!