+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: what other options do I have?

akrcr24

Apr 4, 2020
Dear All,

I submitted my EE profile on 03 Feb 2020 and got a CRS score of 438.
The EE draws since my profile submission have been on the 470+ range...
At this point, I have no clue how to move forward or improve my score.

While waiting for results, I would like to explore other options to improve my chances at PR, but I'm getting confused with all the information online.
Would any of you have suggestions on other procedures I can undertake to get my Canadian PR?

Below are additional information with regards to my application:
1) NOC Code:
NOC 6232 Real Estate Agents & Salespersons. Skill Level B; Skill type 6
2) IELTS Language Scores: (Listening 9.0) (Reading 8.5) (Writing 7.0) (Speaking 7.5) (Overall Band Score 8.0) (CEFR Level C1)
3) ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's Degree (four years)
4) Below appeared on my EE profile: Federal Skilled Worker - Met

Hope you guys are safe and thank you in advance for your suggestions!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dear All,

I submitted my EE profile on 03 Feb 2020 and got a CRS score of 438.
The EE draws since my profile submission have been on the 470+ range...
At this point, I have no clue how to move forward or improve my score.

While waiting for results, I would like to explore other options to improve my chances at PR, but I'm getting confused with all the information online.
Would any of you have suggestions on other procedures I can undertake to get my Canadian PR?

Below are additional information with regards to my application:
1) NOC Code:
NOC 6232 Real Estate Agents & Salespersons. Skill Level B; Skill type 6
2) IELTS Language Scores: (Listening 9.0) (Reading 8.5) (Writing 7.0) (Speaking 7.5) (Overall Band Score 8.0) (CEFR Level C1)
3) ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's Degree (four years)
4) Below appeared on my EE profile: Federal Skilled Worker - Met

Hope you guys are safe and thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Two factors which can greatly impact your scores are your age and masters degree. You haven't mentioned your age but that is not under your control. You can explore getting a master's degree in addition to other suggestions of exploring PNP and learning French.

akrcr24

Apr 4, 2020
I think you better consider PNP programs of different provinces.
Thanks, yes I’m open to PNP though the process is quite confusing.

Via PNP, I know that the first step is to ”express my interest” to the province before I can get a nomination / notification from them. Upon submission of my EE profile 2 months ago, I have selected all provinces and territories - is this considered “expressing my interest” to those provinces already?

If so, then it looks like I really have no other choice but to just wait and hope for an NOI / low draw scores on EE..... right?

akrcr24

Apr 4, 2020
Or learn french
Thanks, I am also open to learning French but I am afraid this will take some time, much like getting a master’s degree.

I was hoping to find anything else I can do right now or in the immediate future. I would like to ensure that I exhausted all possible options with what I have available right now...

I don’t want to sound like a close-minded whiner, but I did spend on my IELTS / ECA. I want to maximize those results and not let them go to waste.

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks, I am also open to learning French but I am afraid this will take some time, much like getting a master’s degree.

I was hoping to find anything else I can do right now or in the immediate future. I would like to ensure that I exhausted all possible options with what I have available right now...

I don’t want to sound like a close-minded whiner, but I did spend on my IELTS / ECA. I want to maximize those results and not let them go to waste.
Surely express your interest in PNP. But it may turn out that you wait for your nomination forever.

You have several options including Canadian grad school pathway maybe.

Learning French will be a great asset in the current trends.

akrcr24

Apr 4, 2020
Two factors which can greatly impact your scores are your age and masters degree. You haven't mentioned your age but that is not under your control. You can explore getting a master's degree in addition to other suggestions of exploring PNP and learning French.
Thanks, I am 26 and have no master’s degree. To be honest, I have no objections getting a master’s degree - I am kicking myself now for not getting one in the past (sooo much time before). I am also open to learning French, but both those options will entail more time and money.

To clarify, it’s no problem to spend more as long as it will expedite my situation. I just want to avoid being counter-productive with my current application. I want to exhaust all my options now and be able to maximize with what I have now (i.e. IELTS / ECA).

Which brings me to the PNP option. Upon submission of my EE profile 2 months ago, I have selected all provinces and territories - is this considered “expressing my interest” to those provinces already?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Which brings me to the PNP option. Upon submission of my EE profile 2 months ago, I have selected all provinces and territories - is this considered “expressing my interest” to those provinces already?
You have shown interest, a province could pick you out of the EE pool potentially. You can't rely on this to happen sadly.
There's likely a better chance of this by applying to a province directly.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks, I am 26 and have no master’s degree. To be honest, I have no objections getting a master’s degree - I am kicking myself now for not getting one in the past (sooo much time before). I am also open to learning French, but both those options will entail more time and money.

To clarify, it’s no problem to spend more as long as it will expedite my situation. I just want to avoid being counter-productive with my current application. I want to exhaust all my options now and be able to maximize with what I have now (i.e. IELTS / ECA).

You have age and time on your side. I would say rather than thinking about masters later start thinking about it now. Apart from points it will help in job prospects as well. All the best!

Reactions: tobs

venkatreddy94

Jan 21, 2020
Hi I have score of 444 and NOC 2713 (software engineer) what provinces NOI can i expect and when are the PNP draws going to take place, Really appreciate any answers in this forum

akrcr24

Apr 4, 2020
You have shown interest, a province could pick you out of the EE pool potentially. You can't rely on this to happen sadly.
There's likely a better chance of this by applying to a province directly.
I see, ok thanks so I guess I’ll have to search each province’s requirements and apply to them directly

Reactions: Wotsit