+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry vs. OINP

Ang04

Sep 21, 2020
Hello - I've been in Canada for close to 6 months on a work permit and don't yet meet the CEC express entry criteria. After 6 months, I expect my CRS to be in the ~460 range and hopefully then qualify.

Given the current preference for Canada based PR applicants, I'm considering applying for Ontario Immigration Nomination Program under "Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream" category. The OINP website has this section grayed out though - does that mean that they are not accepting applications in this category today? Also, can anyone share their experience with this process. Is OINP worth the pain (of not going through the usual Express Entry CEC process)?

Thanks

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
If you have enough CRS points to get an invitation to apply after 6 months, I'm not sure why you would bother with the OINP process and fees, other than the fact that you're being impatient. :)

It can be tricky if you ever want to leave Ontario and move to a different province while being a PR, as the federal immigration rules of living anywhere do not align with showing intent to reside in the province that nominated you.