+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Via Canadian Experience Class

staceykalin

Dec 28, 2014
Hi there,

24 year old New Zealand citizen. My profession (veterinary technician) is under NOC 3213.
I have 2 years of work experience under this profession in Alberta between August 2012 - August 2014 and then instead of reapplying for a work permit I did some travel and went back to New Zealand.

I have decided that would like to return to Canada in 2015 permanently because I like the lifestyle and opportunities there, but I don't want to return to Alberta as it was a rather boring place and would ideally like to head to British Columbia or Ontario. I am currently going through some life changes and would like to take a break from my profession and temporarily work in some kind of customer service (that is not considered a 'skilled profession') so I can think about what to do next.

So, given that I do not want to return to Alberta and I do not want to return a skilled profession, is there still a chance for me to apply for permanent residency under the new Express entry scheme through the experience class?

I am just looking for clarity on the following:

"A qualifying job offer from an employer in Canada is a significant asset but not a requirement"
- since a job offer is not a requirement, if I were to get an Invitation to Apply for PR and that be processed - my understanding is that as a PR I would be free to work in any profession I wanted, not necessarily as the profession that I applied for PR with? (My previous work permit had stated I was only allowed to work in one specific place for one specific employer because I was sponsored by my employer).

Secondly, "When you create your Express Entry profile, you will have to include the test identifier and results score of your language test."
- So to confirm this means that I will have to do a language test BEFORE I create my express entry profile?
- In the FAQ I can find the organisations that can do an educational credit assessment... however I Cannot find which organisations I can sit a language test with, can someone please point me to this information?

Any further insight on whether I am likely to be successful would help too :)
Thank you!