+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry urgent job duties and responsibilities rejection

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Hello Guys

ill be really helpful if anyone can tell me about any info or statistics available for those people who got rejected solely because they couldn't provide job duties on company letter head.

my current points are over 460 with work exp. but if they do not count my work exp then they will fall to 415.

I am quite worried about this since it is my companies policy not to provide duties on companies letter head. all colleagues have also refused me and I cant do anything. my job title on companies letter head is finance analyst which matches the noc code 1112.

I have got other documentation however such as a formal letter on companies letter head stating years worked, hours, salary, name and job title (finance analyst which matches noc code 1112). my company is a global audit firm with operations in over 140 countries.

someone told me that I should get an affidavit and put my duties in there and attach proof that my company cannot provide duties. they also said that some people managed to claim points through that way.

please note that I am not currently working for this company.

what are my chances?

I am going with this affidavit way as for now.

please advise

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
JACKCHITRA123 said:
Hello Guys

ill be really helpful if anyone can tell me about any info or statistics available for those people who got rejected solely because they couldn't provide job duties on company letter head.

my current points are over 460 with work exp. but if they do not count my work exp then they will fall to 415.

I am quite worried about this since it is my companies policy not to provide duties on companies letter head. all colleagues have also refused me and I cant do anything. my job title on companies letter head is finance analyst which matches the noc code 1112.

I have got other documentation however such as a formal letter on companies letter head stating years worked, hours, salary, name and job title (finance analyst which matches noc code 1112). my company is a global audit firm with operations in over 140 countries.

someone told me that I should get an affidavit and put my duties in there and attach proof that my company cannot provide duties. they also said that some people managed to claim points through that way.

what are my chances?

please advise
I faced a similar dilemma - first I wrote an official email to HR for the reference letter with all things included. Once they declined, I approached my ex-manager who was willing to give me a reference on plain A4 paper with his business card attached at the bottom. You can approach anyone who was a senior and provide the same (keep in mind he should verify the same if CIC calls him - chances of this are remote). Include the email conversation with HR, reference letter on plain A4 sheet and your company's letter along with pay stubs and copy of offer letters / promotion letter.

This should work fine. If you want you can get the plain A4 letter notarized but I don't feel it will have much impact.

Hope this helps.

Also please try to apply under the NOC which matches your responsibilities as they usually should have strong overlap with what is stated under the generic responsibilities given by CIC.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi JACKCHITRA,

I am in the same situation as yours. Can you please let me know how did you manage it and did it work for you? I would appreciate your reply!

Thanks.

Regards

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
Hello Guys

what are my chances?

please advise
what happen to you? because I am in same boat